RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my bike about 2 weeks ago and everything seems great. I have been looking over it to find out what mods have been done or potential problems. It looks like pair valve and flapper are done, but I have attached pictures for confirmation.

Is the flapper mod done?

Is the pair valve mod done?

One of the potential problems I have noticed, is that is looks like a bearing has blown on the front wheel.

Left Side (sitting on bike):

Right Side (sitting on bike):

I am guessing that is the wheel bearing blown, does anyone have part number or even part diagram for that area of the bike, just in case there are other things that should be replaced as well?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Yep, it's as you suspect: Pair & flapper done. Bearing may be in need of replacement, unless that's grease someone put on the spindle before sliding it in.
With the wheel off the ground is there any play in the front shaft?

The place to look up part numbers (& order if you want) is: www.partzilla.com or www.ronayers.com - Both will display microfiche diagrams and part numbers + prices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it's as you suspect: Pair & flapper done. Bearing may be in need of replacement, unless that's grease someone put on the spindle before sliding it in.
With the wheel off the ground is there any play in the front shaft?

The place to look up part numbers (& order if you want) is: www.partzilla.com or www.ronayers.com - Both will display microfiche diagrams and part numbers + prices.
Thanks! I will have to get the bike up when I get the chance. I didn't notice any wobble while riding, maybe I will degrease it before I get it up on stands to get a better look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts