RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of today I am a proud new owner of an 01 RC51, so I pretty much love this thing and I haven't even rode 100 miles yet. I do have a question though. When looking under the rear seat I found a small black box with SH on the back of it, It has 6 small switches labeled 1-6 on it and a small black buttom. Its connected to a 2 ft or so red wire with a plug that connects it to the box. Does anyone know what this is or what it does? I think it is something that is aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
From your discription it sounds like it might be an older model of Speed Healer. Which is used to adjust out the electronic speedometer error. A picture of the item, like Subsailor asked, will take out the guess work.
Ride Safe, DannyBoy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe thats what it is, it makes sense to me now that I think about it. Thanks for the input. Does anyone else have anything I know about this bike? Ive done some research but im pretty new to these:confused: anything helps

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well here is something that has stumped me. A couple of times when ive started the bike up it will idle real low maybe 300 rpms or more lower than normal. And the bike seems to run with half the power (smells a lil rich) but after I drive it down the road some it will eventually clear up and run just fine. Any ideas???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just starting up and taking off but after riding and getting up to temp it still runs sluggish and smells rich. I just got back from riding and it was doing it. its very frustrating.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I bought a 2001 which smelled like it was running rich and it was the cylinder gasket which was leaking exhaust from cylinder number one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a fuel pressure regulator yesterday and im going to get some new plugs for it. Checked the rear plug yesterday and it was black and wet, I cleaned it and put it back it started it up and ran like a dream, but after riding it around a lil it would cut in and out maybe its caused from sitting all winter, still frustrating but at least i got it running half way decent again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
picking up the regulator today maybe some new plugs too. hopefully this all helps, I just want to get out and ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts