RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2005 rc. Has 12k on the clock and runds great over 3000rpm. Around 2500 just barley on the throttle, seems to have a surge. I checked codes, got none. Put plugs in it this morning but still there. It has a power comanderIII and Jardine carbon slip ons. any idea where to start looking? I just orderd two brothers slip ons, and am going to tak eit to the dyno after i get them put on, but want the issues taken care of first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new owner questions

I only run it slow like that when im going torough towns. Other wise in usually running around 4000rpms. And another thing. When i start it cold, i have to choke it. even when its 90 outside. It will fire, just wont idle cold. Ive never seen a choke on anything fuel injected

·
Registered
40 Posts
I thought it was odd that there was a choke as well. My '02 with 4k acts the same way. Just the nature of the beast

·
Registered
48 Posts
I only run it slow like that when im going torough towns. Other wise in usually running around 4000rpms. And another thing. When i start it cold, i have to choke it. even when its 90 outside. It will fire, just wont idle cold. Ive never seen a choke on anything fuel injected
Still just a little too low of RPM's. Mine is the same way and has been for years.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Its not a choke, it holds the throttle open a bit for starting. You could change your gearing to help with that too.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I am afraid it is the nature of the beast here...anything below 3000 rpm it bucks, snorts and does everything it can to get your attention.

One thing to do is check the map and make sure its the proper one. Even better, get it mapped yourself and erase all doubt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts