RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question, but, should the turn signals self cancel? On all the older Honda bikes I've owned they did. On my 2002 RC51 they do not, which is a pain, but I won't try to figure out how to fix something that was never installed to start with!

·
Registered
173 Posts
No you have to push the turn signal button in to turn them off

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll quit trying to figure out how to fix it then! On to the next quirk, you can ride off with the kick stand down...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
you shouldn't be able to ride away with the kickstand down. your sensor has likely been bypassed. check to see if there is a sensor mounted to the pivot on the kickstand. if not you should look into purchasing one

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sensor is there, and connected at the stand end at least. I have oil change, flush mount front turn signals, and front sprocket inspection in the works in the next week or so. That should be a good time to chase wires. Now if I can get the plastics off without damage and without losing those little push connectors! This is my first experience with a bike that you can't see a darn thing on without undressing it...

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
My Yamaha's back in the 70's self-cancelled.
It used the speedo sensor in the wheel to detect motion. After 30 seconds of wheel movement, the signal was cancelled.

Surprisingly simple thing to do back then, and even simpler to do these days with the speedo signal coming from the sensor mounted on the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts