RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding for 7 years. Been on various bikes but I've always wanted a 51!
Picked up a 2001 sp1 last night with 30k on the clock. Was qorried about the milbut the owner was a airplane mechanic and the bike was kept in the hanger. I feel pretty good aboutthe purchase and the bike handles just like i imagined it would. like a dream. Only bummer to my first ride was the cluster cut out but I figured that out, fuse blown.
Any other upstate New Yorkers, feel free to drop a line.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That looks friggin' brilliant. Probably a bit 'out there' for some, but I love it. I've never seen an Edwards done like that. Only ever seen a crap one in UK.

Do you know if it's a Honda release or aftermarket paint or aftermarket fairings?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a replica of the bike Colin rode at Laguna Seca. The PO stripped it down and painted it and did a fantastic job on the paint and fairings. Decals are embossed UNDER the clearcoat. There some clear differences in both bike but it's very clean looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
^^^

Thanks for that. I always find it interesting to learn about 'specials'. There's always a couple that seem to come out of the woodwork! Yours is a truly great job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! She's definitely a head turner! I feel like I got her for a steal. The PO have 4 other bikes and he just wanted this one gone. I plain to gopro my next ride, got a few gremlins that are popping up. Only have one real good ride on her and it was a blast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts