RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just upgraded from my 748. I just picked up an 02 with 8k miles. From what I can tell the front flapper has been plugged and I have M4 slip ons. I just ordered a pair of spal fans i hope to install this weekend. Any suggestions what I need todo to the bike for upgraded performance to add to what was done? Or any think i should look out for .? I'm not looking to race i just want the bike to run at its full potential. I've also noticed the speedo is off 5-10 mph on the highway. After a week of owning it, im so glad I switched! This old girl walked away from my buddies FZ09 and it felt great!. Thank you everyone in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what I'll need for my spal fan installation? Special modification parts Ill need to have?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Recommend the SpeedoDRD for correcting the speedometer error. It is cheaper than the competitor and installed on mine simply and never a problem. Cost from manufacturer is $79.99. No affiliation with this company I just know it is super easy to install (plug and play) and works great on my SP-1. I think you need the H1 model for your bike but check it out on their website: SpeedoDRD.
You may find cheaper on Amazon or ebay.

Congratulations on the bike and sounds like a nice one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on thank you! I'm going to look into that. I wish there was new hotbody brighter LED lights . I've seen the mods but I feel there should be a straight replacement at this point.

·
Registered
67 Posts
CustomLED makes a round led cluster that fits directly into the Hotbodies tail unit. I just recently replaced these and the clusters went right in with no issues. All that is needed is to remove the old LED cluster from the round lens. Not a big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
No problem. A little heat will soften the silicone sealant that holds them in. Then just push them back into the tail unit.
Once I cut the old LED cluster out, the black plastic popped right out of the round clear lens. Just go easy here so as not to crack the plastic lens.
Then the CustomLED cluster fit right into the lens. A little silicone sealant/adhesive will hold the cluster in the lens and then the lens into the tail unit. I coated the back of the cluster with sealant as well to protect them from moisture.
The job was really not that difficult at all and the results are well worth the effort. So much brighter than the stock lighting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts