RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am the proud new owner of a 2000 RC51. Picked her up on Saturday. She had 9700 miles on the clock. 9996 on her now. I can't quit riding it. It's like an addiction. Riding this bike is a total sensory experience. Pulls like a locomotive. Seems like it will never stop accelerating. Corners on rails. The sound of the cam drive under you and the exhaust (Jardine carbon fiber slip ons) behind you is awesome. I've been riding for a few years and my previous mount (shouldn't say previous, still got it and probably will always :) ) is a 1987 CBR 600 Hurricane. While a lively little 600 and a heck of a corner carver, I was really beating the crap out of her riding with all my buddies on liter bikes and newer 600's. Had to replace an engine last summer so I've been on the hunt for the perfect replacement. Everyone rides gixxers, and ninjas and you see CBRs everwhere. I was actually leaning towards a CBR929 until I rode with buddies and followed behind a Ducati 996 and a Superhawk. At that point I decided it had to be a sport twin. And that only left one option. The RC51. Found this one for $4800. And it had every mod done to it already that I would do. It's like the guy put the bike together just for me. Over a period of 8 years, but you can't rush perfection. :D He even threw in a Joe Rocket Speedmaster leather jacket (worn 3 times) that actually fits me. More evidence to this bike being destined to be mine.

List of mods-
Jardine RT-One Carbon Fiber Slip-ons
PCIII - mapped for pipes
Tinted double bubble windscreen
Corbin saddle
Michelin Pilot Powers

Extras with bike-
Pit Bull rear stand
stock pipes
stock seat
stock windscreen
Joe Rocket jacket
original upper fairing
original tail fairing (both replaced with genuine Honda parts after a slow speed fall that cracked both)

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I have a couple of other bikes, and my RC51 is far more fun to ride.

Last weekend a fellow rode up on a new Aprilia RSV4 Factory, about $22K bike.
So I'm over gawking at his bike and he's over gawking at mine.
He goes "man those RC51's are great bikes".
I guess it takes one gearhead to relate to another.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new ride!!

Now take the silly peg feelers off. ;-)

BTW, I'm still grinning after 9 years.
I know, those freakin' things are long. Just haven't got around to it. If I'm near the bike, I just have to ride it.

Last weekend a fellow rode up on a new Aprilia RSV4 Factory, about $22K bike.
So I'm over gawking at his bike and he's over gawking at mine.
He goes "man those RC51's are great bikes".
I guess it takes one gearhead to relate to another.
I get that all the time with my Hurricane. Riding with my buddy on his bright yellow/orange tricked out 2006 ZX10, and my old flat black 87 CBR gets the most attention. I'm sure the RC will get similar results. It just burns him up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
yep i am still grinning too. went out for a ride aftre months and the looks still keep coming. ended up in a group of 20 or so riders and non were a twin better yet non were rc51's. a lot of those people came over to look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts