RC51 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all just found the site normally I am on another. Just bought a 2003 RC51 gonna be my 1st. Normally I ride 929, 954 and 1000RR just want something different.

Here is my bike

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint)

Frame sliders

full micron dual exhaust.

Power Commander III (I am told I should go with a different fuel management system)

under tail with intergrated break and turn singles

Flush mount turn singals

red powder coated wheels

HID bulbs (no not a HID kit)

·
Premium Member
6,497 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the group!!
Compared to the rest of your stable, I would say the RC51 is a bit different.
While the RC51 is more akin to the 929 and 954 (both great bikes of that era), that engine definitely sets it apart.
What are your observations of the differences?
I myself find the RC51 a more visceral riding experience. I find the I-4's too refined and smooth. My RC51 reminds me more of a 60's muscle car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy and welcome to the group!!
Compared to the rest of your stable, I would say the RC51 is a bit different.
While the RC51 is more akin to the 929 and 954 (both great bikes of that era), that engine definitely sets it apart.
What are your observations of the differences?
I myself find the RC51 a more visceral riding experience. I find the I-4's too refined and smooth. My RC51 reminds me more of a 60's muscle car.
I cant compare the difference as I just bought the bike and have never ridden a RC51 ever in my life. I just did some research said I wanted a V-twin and then looked at the aprilla, Ducati, Suzuki and then bought the honda as I am a honda guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all just found the site normally I am on another. Just bought a 2003 RC51 gonna be my 1st. Normally I ride 929, 954 and 1000RR just want something different.

Here is my bike

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint)

Frame sliders

full micron dual exhaust.

Power Commander III (I am told I should go with a different fuel management system)

under tail with intergrated break and turn singles

Flush mount turn singals

red powder coated wheels

HID bulbs (no not a HID kit)
Any pictures of this bike? What fuel system management system have you been looking at? Can you further explain what you mean when you say HID Bulbs (not a HID kit)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts