RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Just became a new owner of a 02 RC51 and loving it so far. I came off all inline 4's from my last 04 zx-10r, to my other cbr's (07 1000rr and 02 954) so the v-twin is a big change! Scooped up my sp-2 at a very good price with full ohlins, harris titanium high-mounts, -1 +2 new gearing, powder coated wheels, new dunlops and it was from the original owner with 22k on the clock. The bike sat for the past 4 years only ridden a few times so it needed a good cleaning and a set of fork seals since the ohlins have about 18k on them and were a bit leaky. Other than that I think I can honestly say that this bike is my favorite thus far providing levels of fun in the twisties that I could never see on my other bikes with all the torque and power wherever I need it! I loveee the sound and performance from my harris set up and from what I was told the system is very rare and hard to get over here in the states, but the high mounts eliminate my passenger foot pegs which is making me contemplate on putting them up for sale/trade for something different... So if anyone is looking to trade up let me know (Looking for titanium or carbon fiber cans). But anyways, looking forward to this transition to my new v-twin and utilizing the site for all my RC needs! :D

·
Banned
402 Posts
congrats!

i am about 60 min narth of you. if you need anything let me know and maybe we can do a white mountaun run this year

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Mrgrn, that is good to know I have someone in striking distance to refer to, and we should definitely get something together for a ride up the kangamangus or something. I have the forks off and should be picking them up today or tomorrow so I haven’t been back in the garage to take any pics but this is the exact exhaust with brackets and all in this pic:

- Once I get the forks back and mounted (hopefully will be tonight!) I'll finally get some pics up here though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah man definitely, I got a call from Rj's this morning for my forks and they couldn't do them... I guess doing the seals on ohlins forks requires a special tool that they didn't have... So the waiting game continues but I managed to get the forks into seacoast sport cycle in Derry for this Friday and these guys seem to know what they are doing when it comes to ohlins so hopefully I'll be in good shape then. Pics will be soon after I swear!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I know its been a few months but I finally got some pics taken by Rexxx and they came out great. The RC has been great so far and has surpassed all expectations I had. Rides better than any bike I've owned with the ohlins and just is a blast in the twisties! Here she is though, sorry for the wait!

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a beauty you have there - congrats! I'm just up the road in Portland. Just picked up an all-stock '04 about 3 months ago with 1,600 miles on it - I ride it absolutely every chance I get - such a great bike, always wanted one, you know? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts