RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
That was really cool! I went full screen to watch their so called video. it's actually just stills, but good close ups of the bike slideshow style.
I love the concept. I'll NEVER give up my dino burning version, but I say bring it! Technology. No fuel tank up high, batterys slung down low, big cooling fins behind the front tire??? to take care of cooling for whatever, it's bound to feel very different. I also love the side profile!! Yeah, looks retro/futuristic/cafe/liter. And I hear electric has gobs of torque.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i like it seen it a few weeks ago

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Mmmmm, that front fender is tasty! Might buy a used front fender for my bike and do a mod. Little cutting, shaping, cleaning, painting...
Does anyone else think this idea might be cool for our RC51's?

Edit: or made of carbon fiber :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
no i think rocks will be thrown more . what i would like is the suspension , brakes , wheels ,

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Yeah, those front rotors look big, and I like the exposed front sprocket and chain look. Maybe could be safer depending on rpm's, but sure looks tough.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Those are better pics than what I saw a while back. I like the look, I just widh Big Red would spend some of that R&D energy and bucks on some much needed upgrades on some current stuff though. Been a while since we really had something to crow about on the showroom floor:eek:

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Will this eye candy be released to us, mere mortals desiring the next ride.. Or will is this the foreplay, with no playoff ? ? ?

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Painted in old school Honda GP colors.
Would mind having one if they put an engine in it.
Otherwise I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Looks good. Better then most of the new electric bikes i've seen. Looks like they got the brakes and suspension right too.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Looks good. Better then most of the new electric bikes i've seen. Looks like they got the brakes and suspension right too.
Its still a Honda....would you expect anything else??

Got to see up close your 675R too this weekend...smooth bike you have there!

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Its still a Honda....would you expect anything else??

Got to see up close your 675R too this weekend...smooth bike you have there!
I'll be honest, i am not too crazy about the looks of the current CBR 1000RR.

Yeah thanks. The white and red really look good on the bike. Still breaking her in, but i really love the 675R so far. Can't wait till i can get on it a bit more.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Yeah, how you lik'n your new bike gts? I went and googled and that bike sounds really cool.
I like it a lot. The sound is great. The Triple has a nice sound. Kind of that Ferrari sound. Sporty but with a little grunt to it. Love the look and really love having a smaller bike again, especially with the Ohlins and Brembos. Makes getting around town and through the canyons really fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts