RC51 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a motorcycle enthusiast. I recently purchased an 04 RC51, totally stock with 1400 miles on it. Showroom condition. The previous owner is going through a divorce and is clearing his garage. He has several special bikes including a 1098 which he plans to keep, an 05 ZRX1200 which he sold to a buddy of mine, and a few others. I currently own an 06 Yamaha FJR, an 06 Ninja 636, an 09 Ducati Monster 1100S and an 06 HD Street Rod. Recently sold an 05 Goldwing and an 05 CBR1000. They are all nice bikes with different purposes, but let me tell you this: the RC51 is one awesome motorcycle. I love it. I look forward to visiting this forum and learning more about my new toy. Sam

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 04 has 1900 mi and is stock also. Had crate damage so put Konica Minolta body kit on. Tank with small dent is next.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome! I have an 04 also, I think it was stock, a long time ago. (side note) I,d like to get hold of a 1098 just to say I had one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everybody. It's cold and rainy where I live. The bikes are all tucked in. I have a question: What are the best replacement tires for the RC51? I know opinion vary, but there must some sort of consensus.Hace a great Holiday season. Sam

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
It all depends on your wallet.

If money is tight, then the consistent cheapest multi-compound tire is the Bridgestone BT-016 or Continental SportAttack. They are usually around $10-20 of each other.
I mention these because they offer a rear tire in 190/55-17, which is great for enhancing the turn in response.
If you don't care and and a 190/50-17 is fine for the rear, then the Pirelli Diablo is a overall good inexpensive tire that can be found on sale often. Recently a sale had them at $190 per set.

If money is no object, the the world's your oyster.
Michelin Pilot Power/Power 2CT, or Power One.
Pirelli Corsa III, Diablo Super Corsa, etc.
Dunlop Sportmax Q2, and so on.

I wear out tires far too quickly here in FL, and can't afford to buy super-expensive short lived rear tires every 2-3 months on average.
Currently I'm finishing off a BT-016 and have a set of Dunlop Sportmax Q2's coming.
I got the Q2's on sale, so I'll try them see how they perform.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnk you SubSailor. I have used the Power 2CT in the past with good results. Will probably go with them. Have a great week. Sam

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Thnk you SubSailor. I have used the Power 2CT in the past with good results. Will probably go with them. Have a great week. Sam
You should get some decent wear out of them.
I don't know what the terrain is in Lancaster CA, but here in southwest FL, there are few hills and turns. We find what we can, but the tires quickly develop FSTS (FL Square Tire Syndrome).
Tons of rubber on the shoulders, no middle. Tire shot. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should get some decent wear out of them.
I don't know what the terrain is in Lancaster CA, but here in southwest FL, there are few hills and turns. We find what we can, but the tires quickly develop FSTS (FL Square Tire Syndrome).
Tons of rubber on the shoulders, no middle. Tire shot. :(
The terrain in South Cal is fantastic. The Angeles Crest is only 15 miles from my house. There are a lot of canyons within 5-6 miles too. www.motorcycleroads.com has a lot of routs in South Cal. I have done all of them :D. It's still cold and rainy around here. Have a great year. Sam

·
Registered
94 Posts
you have the same kit thats on my bike??
Sort of. I didn't like all the blue, so have been slowly making it black and white. Put '03 tail on and will paint the tank black(save the signature) and see if I can get the blue round decals off next.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts