RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, the name is Steve. Just purchased a 02' RC51 with 5,900 miles on it this past weekend from Tallahassee, FL. Got it for $4k from a guy who got himself into a bit of trouble with the law and needed to get rid of the bike ASAP.

I'm mainly a car nut, but i have had bikes since i was 16y/o, so I've been riding for 8 years now. I'll add a picture of the bike below....It needs a few small things (bar ends, plate mount, frame sliders, and general TLC) but its in good shape. It's all stock except for the Jardine Slip-on's and a power Commander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owner painted it black. I am still debating on painting it a different color, but i am unsure at this point if i am going to change it. The paint job is decent, but i am a perfectionists, so all of the little flaws stand out to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still, 5900 miles is a great deal at $4000.

I find it incredible to own a bike and never ride it, as a 6 year old bike with 5900 miles only averages 983 miles per year.

I put 18,000 miles on mine since April of last year, and 4-1/2 of those the bike was on stands disassembled being refurbished from previous owner abuse.

But then I love to ride, and my RC51 is my favorite play toy.
I agree completely! I had been in the market for one for less then a month and just happened apon it on craigslist. I spoke with the owner several times and was skeptical on if the owner was being truthfull with me or not because of the low price. But i was pleased when i got there and saw that it was just as he had described it. It just needs a little TLC from being stored outside on a carport all this time.

I drive everywhere with my truck and my race car, and this bike will get plenty of road miles! I have put 20k/year on my race car, and 20k in the past 6 month on my truck.

Are there any local meets around here? I live in Port charlotte, so i am only 20min or so from where your located.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not get off work until 6:30pm and i will have to head back to the house and grab the bike, but i should be able to make it up there by 8pm or so. I am having my jacket and the rest of my gear shipped to me from my old place in Jacksonville, so it wont be here until later this week, but i will throw on a jacket and try to stay warm! Grab me and stop me if you see me pull in....You can't miss me, i'm a 6'4" tall lanky bastard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i just got back. It was a bit of a chilly ride, but it was nice. Met a few people up there and hung around for about an hour just to see what it was all about. Mondays are kind of hard for me with work, but i would like to see what goes on during the weekends, which usually work a lot better for me!

Thanks for the links!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts