RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, just got one of my 2 dream bikes. Back in 2013 I decided I had gone way too long without a bike and started looking for a Ninja ZX-9R and an RC51. I couldn't find any clean ones and a 770 mile 2001 CBR1100xx that was listed on ebay. Short story - I bought it. Six months ago I saw a pristine 9R on ebay and got that too. I'm planning on selling the Bird.

About a month ago I was run off the highway and got messed up pretty bad. The Ninja is fixable but just in case I found myself poking around ebay and craigslist and found an '05 RC51 in great shape and put a deposit on it. I pick it up tomorrow!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
You'll love it but be prepared to have a careful right hand at slow speed. They can be snatchy and um well, difficult around town. But add some speedand they lose weight and feel small like a 600 but on rails. And effortless wheelies in first 🙂
Welcome to the executive branch of sport bikes

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I'm a big fan of G2's throttle's, if for no other reason the Delrin bushings on them. Super smooth feeling. Sounds like I might be buying a throttle tamer from them then.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you richen up the bottom slightly , it gets rid of it , at the expense of throttle response , though. A throttle tamer's not needed , it's not like that. If going into a really slow street corner , you can clutch , blip the throttle and let the clutch out again and you miss the roll on snatch. It's just the off then on throttle of a twin a low RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts