RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome! Nice bike! I got an 04 Nicky Hayden about 3 years ago. Love that bike, as I’m sure you’re gonna have a blast on yours. This is a great site. Nice members and always a good reference whenever I have questions pertaining to RC51’s. Welcome to the club brother!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome. This bike is never considered to be a good one for first time riders. I wish you good luck. I'd advise to spend money on the right protective gear and take some instruction as soon as you can. Find a buddy or someone who knows how to set your riders sag and compression/rebound to get the bike acting properly for your weight.
btw, those are SP1 fairings. The big silver HONDA on the bottom of the side fairings was my clue. They're 00 or 01 model year, and you can't buy them new anymore, so take care of the ones you have.
Congrats, and ride safely!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Welcome to the forums RibeiroB & congratulations on your purchase. .

It's hard to tell from the 1 picture you posted but it doesn't look like a 2004 model because of the black frame & swingarm, also the fairings are different as Jondog9 pointed out.. if you could share some more detailed pictures of it we could help you identify what it is & tell you more information about it

Either way ride it respect it & enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome aboard, careful with that thing as a new rider, especially on mountain roads - yikes!

MSF basic course or equivalent ASAP and then consider some additional training (track instruction/advanced MSF, etc) along the way...

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Nice bike!
You will find this is a great group of guys here always willing to lend a hand, an eye, or advice.
As stated a couple times, definitely post up more photos so we can get a closer look!
Euro frame maybe because of the black?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts