RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From New Zealand just bought an 01 SP1 high miler 97km's! Other than Scorpian pipes its pretty original and tidy, goes great can't believe how good it goes for mileage. Comp tests were good gearbox and clutch good, bikes been regularly serviced. Paid $6500 NZ about $3600 US.

I wouldnt mind tidying it up a bit, its good overall apart from a few cracks in front fairing anyone got a tidy red one for sale?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the group!!
97K Km is 60K miles. Not bad at all.
Mine's pushing 48K miles or 76Km.
I've heard of other RC51's with over 100K miles.

I have friend in Germany who has an NT650 (Hawk GT in the US) with 120Km or 75K miles. And never fails to start, rain or shine.

·
Registered
863 Posts
That price seems kinda high for a bike with that many miles but no biggie it'll go a long time if you take care of it. I got about 25K on mine but its being converted to track so no more street miles for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its actually about $4500 US they are hard to find over here and a good low mileage one will cost almost twice that

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its a Honda, so it'll be bomb proof despite high mileage ........ just treat her nice and she'll look after you :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
60k...gives me confidence in these bikes. I was told that twins suffer less stress to mechanical parts than inlines.....however, vibration and heat are two enemies of an engine....and it seems like twins vibrate a lot more than I4s. Anyone with any info on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts