RC51 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hi
Looking for a better cooling system on my RC51, my Bike has HRC Pistons,camshafts,and Injectors.(Valves and springs too), it also has akra's. I just bought the bike and when i tested it on wednesday (a hot day in Norway) i reached 100 degrees celcius in just a few rounds on the track. The previous owner told me that the Thermostat was eliminated so the cooiling system should run all the time. I now read (and also can se) the stock radiotors can't cool good enough for a track bike. I'm about to buy these radiators, but i need som information. Do you need fans to cool it?(it's only for track use, Races and trackdays, it doesn't need to run on idlespeed for waiting). Does the Radiators cool the engine too much so that i need a Thermostat?
If the bike is for the track then I suggest getting rid of the thermostat housing altogether. We make a replacement Y section that simplifies the plumbing and will save considerable weight ... I'll get around to measuring exactly how much weight but trust me it's lighter. You will not need fans on a track bike. Your motor sounds interesting; HRC pistons? :cool:

Where are you in Norway K.S? I was just there working for a month and I really like your country. The recent attacks there are very saddening, I hope no one you know was directly affected.

Hit me up if you need more info about the rads,

Jimmy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for the quick replay, just ordered the TYGA kit, I dropped the Y section, because it can be lot colder here in Norway than in the U.S, the thermostat might do the job then... My bike has HRC pistons,HRC connectingrods, HRC marchesini wheels, HRC Injectors, HRC rearsets, HRC Camshafts with valves and springs And TurnOne carbonfibre airbox. etc etc. I'm from the west coast. Which places did you visit? Yeah it's tragic.. no one near me was affected, but the whole country is in shock and sorrow.

Kristian

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I was mainly in the South and around Oslo but I did make it to Bergen, Oreson and Kjoepsvik. The scenery in the West is truly outstanding.

More SP2 rads are in production now & should be ready in about 2 weeks. The kits are being upgraded to include 2 of these plugs to make blocking off the .5" bypass hose leading from the thermostat housing to the water pump easier for those wanting to remove the thermostat.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need some silicone hoses and Oil lines for my TYGA kit, does anyone know which threads they are using for the oil lines? and if anyone has mounted this on a SP1, can you give me a list of how many 90 and 45 degrees hoses you need, and also the size.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I need some silicone hoses and Oil lines for my Thermae kit, does anyone know which threads they are using for the oil lines? and if anyone has mounted this on a SP1, can you give me a list of how many 90 and 45 degrees hoses you need, and also the size.
For the water pipes you will need:

3 x 90 degree x 25 mm i.d. hose elbows
2 x 45 degree x 25 mm i.d. hose elbows

If you're keeping the thermostat you will also need:

1 x 180 degree x 13 mm i.d. hose elbow or a length of 13 mm i.d flexible hose.

I used Samco silicone hoses on my install, the Samco part numbers are:

E90-25
E45-25
XFL-13 (Xtraflex hose)

http://www.samcosport.com/row/race_parts.asp

The oil line terminals are AN-6 size. I used Earls fittings, lines and flame guard.

http://www.anplumbing.com/

The way you route the oil lines and the angle of the fittings you use may vary depending on your set up. I have the battery under the seat and used 2 x 45 degree fittings and 2 x straight fittings. If you have the battery relocated under the oil cooler you will need different fittings and length of line. The sizes however are all AN-6.

Most of the info you need should be in the installation guide, if you haven't received the radiator kit yet you can view it online at:

http://www.tygausa.com/technical-help/163-thermae-rc51-sp-radiator-installtion.html

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts

E90-25
E45-25
XFL-13 (Xtraflex hose)

The oil line terminals are AN-6 size. I used Earls fittings, lines and flame guard.

The way you route the oil lines and the angle of the fittings you use may vary depending on your set up. I have the battery under the seat and used 2 x 45 degree fittings and 2 x straight fittings. If you have the battery relocated under the oil cooler you will need different fittings and length of line. The sizes however are all AN-6.

Most of the info you need should be in the installation guide, if you haven't received the radiator kit yet you can view it online at:

http://www.tygausa.com/technical-help/163-thermae-rc51-sp-radiator-installtion.html

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help, did you use the same lenghts as TYGAusa did? 255 and 350mm? My battery is located under the seat..

·
Registered
9 Posts

E90-25
E45-25
XFL-13 (Xtraflex hose)

Hope this helps.
Do you remember what kind of Size you used on the Flameguard?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Thanks for the help, did you use the same lenghts as TYGAusa did? 255 and 350mm? My battery is located under the seat..
I developed the radiators here in Thailand and in fact that's my bike on the Tyga USA site. Those oil line lengths worked for me but they may not exactly suit your install as each set of radiators is slightly different (they're hand made) plus you may have a different exhaust system to me etc.

I suggest you follow the installation sequence in the guide and don't make up the oil lines until you have the upper and lower radiators and water hoses installed. Then, starting with the oil lines over length, put the 45 degree fittings on one end of the lines only and screw these onto the oil line terminals on the crankcase temporarily. Get the lines laying the way you want them to leading to the oil cooler. When your satisfied with the fit mark the lines, remove them from the bike, cut them and fit off the straight fittings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I developed the radiators here in Thailand and in fact that's my bike on the Tyga USA site. Those oil line lengths worked for me but they may not exactly suit your install as each set of radiators is slightly different (they're hand made) plus you may have a different exhaust system to me etc.

I suggest you follow the installation sequence in the guide and don't make up the oil lines until you have the upper and lower radiators and water hoses installed. Then, starting with the oil lines over length, put the 45 degree fittings on one end of the lines only and screw these onto the oil line terminals on the crankcase temporarily. Get the lines laying the way you want them to leading to the oil cooler. When your satisfied with the fit mark the lines, remove them from the bike, cut them and fit off the straight fittings.
first i though that i had to press the fittings with a machine, but then i saw the fittings at earls and then I realized it could be done manualy :) Do you know the size of the Flameguard, 1/2" or the 3/4"?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
first i though that i had to press the fittings with a machine, but then i saw the fittings at earls and then I realized it could be done manualy :) Do you know the size of the Flameguard, 1/2" or the 3/4"?
I have an off-cut here. It measures 20 mm total outside dia. and approx 15 mm inside dia. so I think it's 1/2" but I'm not 100% sure. Let me check with the supplier here and get back to you.

JB

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
First batch now sold out, but more coming soon!

THANKS!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Radiators are BACK IN STOCK! Along with the new SP1 rear huggers, and SP2 rearsets (reportedly fit SP1 as well-though I've not verified personally).

In short, we have ALL RC51 bits in stock. Only 4 sets of radiators available and they'll go quick - One each of polished ($949.95) and painted ($874.95) for SP1 and SP2 respectively.

Enjoy!

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love front mount radiators for my sp1. When are you getting more in stock. I didnt see a contact number on tyga site.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I would love front mount radiators for my sp1. When are you getting more in stock. I didnt see a contact number on tyga site.
We have more in production right now, should be available next month. We're in the process of setting up a separate web site for Thermae, will update soon in the meantime you can PM me here.

Cheers,

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I just need the oil cooler, lines and fittings!!!
We do not supply oil lines with the kit. The reason is some people may have the battery relocated to under the oil filter which would require different length lines.

We supply AN-6 oil line fittings to the crankcase and can supply the oil cooler as a separate item.

·
Registered
726 Posts
We do not supply oil lines with the kit. The reason is some people may have the battery relocated to under the oil filter which would require different length lines.

We supply AN-6 oil line fittings to the crankcase and can supply the oil cooler as a separate item.
I have a different front mount kit i bought before you guys went into production for a much higher price :( anyway I have a smaller oil cooler and AN8 lines and fittings. Problem is I want a larger oil cooler and I cant get the lines/fittings to not leak...

21 - 40 of 55 Posts