RC51 Forums banner

NEW! Thermae Front Mount Radiators !

36K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  Chelovek 
#1 ·
Now Front Mount Radiators for EVERYBODY!

Finally! (It took awhile!)

Front Mount Radiators for the masses!

Thermae Front Mount Kits for the SP1 and SP2!

TygaUSA.com - Tyga Performance Carbon Fiber, Exhaust Systems, Billet CNC & More! - Thermae Radiators

These are ALL NEW Front Mount Radiator Kits for the RC51!

After a lot of development to get them just right at a price that we think everyone can justify, we now have them in stock, ready to ship and EVEN ON SALE!

Normally $874, for the next two weeks just $799!!!

Not only are these far less money than anything else out there available we believe they offer excellent fitment, cooling, looks and great bang for the buck!

They fit inside your stock OEM bodywork with no cutting or modification (save the V-Cowl).

You do not need to modify your valve cover!

You still retain full lock to lock steering with no modification.

Billet oil line terminals are included!

You can run up to 2 SPAL fans for greater cooling!

The Thermae Kit comes complete with the following items:

Upper Radiator

Lower Radiator

Oil Cooler

Billet CNC Oil line terminals

Aluminum tubing

Mounting hardware

Complete Instructions

To keep costs down we are leaving the oil lines and a few of the hoses up to the end user, this will allow you to save a few bucks and give you an option on colors, material etc when spec'ing your lines and hoses.

Detailed installation instructions with photos come in every kit, you can also find them online here:
TygaUSA.com - Tyga Performance Carbon Fiber, Exhaust Systems, Billet CNC & More! - Thermae RC51 SP Radiator Installtion

They will keep your bike cooler on the street and at the track, prevent oem radiator damage with a lowside/tipover and they just plain look bitchin'!!

See less See more
#11 ·
those are awesome....really cool they finally got this system in production for an outstanding price.....and it includes everything. Great work guys.

#18 ·
Hi
Looking for a better cooling system on my RC51, my Bike has HRC Pistons,camshafts,and Injectors.(Valves and springs too), it also has akra's. I just bought the bike and when i tested it on wednesday (a hot day in Norway) i reached 100 degrees celcius in just a few rounds on the track. The previous owner told me that the Thermostat was eliminated so the cooiling system should run all the time. I now read (and also can se) the stock radiotors can't cool good enough for a track bike. I'm about to buy these radiators, but i need som information. Do you need fans to cool it?(it's only for track use, Races and trackdays, it doesn't need to run on idlespeed for waiting). Does the Radiators cool the engine too much so that i need a Thermostat?

#19 ·
If the bike is only for track use, I doubt you'll need a fan. Unless you are sitting still for prolonged times in the pits or start line.

Same for the thermostat. On the track, the engine will be under heavy load generating heat, so it will need full cooling flow. So even if it had a thermostat installed, it would be full open anyways.

If the ambient temperature falls enough to cause the engine to cool below the optimal operating temp, do like the race teams do and cover a portion of a radiator with tape to reduce enough area to elevate the temp to optimal.

#20 ·
Yes, you should be fine without fans, and can run tape on your rads if need be (what I used to do on my RS250 race bike).

We have just the SP1 version in stock right now, but you can use these just fine on both SP1 and SP2, if on SP2 just plug the thermo sensor bung.

#22 ·
Thank you for the quick replay, just ordered the TYGA kit, I dropped the Y section, because it can be lot colder here in Norway than in the U.S, the thermostat might do the job then... My bike has HRC pistons,HRC connectingrods, HRC marchesini wheels, HRC Injectors, HRC rearsets, HRC Camshafts with valves and springs And TurnOne carbonfibre airbox. etc etc. I'm from the west coast. Which places did you visit? Yeah it's tragic.. no one near me was affected, but the whole country is in shock and sorrow.

Kristian

#23 ·
I was mainly in the South and around Oslo but I did make it to Bergen, Oreson and Kjoepsvik. The scenery in the West is truly outstanding.

More SP2 rads are in production now & should be ready in about 2 weeks. The kits are being upgraded to include 2 of these plugs to make blocking off the .5" bypass hose leading from the thermostat housing to the water pump easier for those wanting to remove the thermostat.

Attachments

#24 ·
I need some silicone hoses and Oil lines for my TYGA kit, does anyone know which threads they are using for the oil lines? and if anyone has mounted this on a SP1, can you give me a list of how many 90 and 45 degrees hoses you need, and also the size.

#25 ·
I need some silicone hoses and Oil lines for my Thermae kit, does anyone know which threads they are using for the oil lines? and if anyone has mounted this on a SP1, can you give me a list of how many 90 and 45 degrees hoses you need, and also the size.
For the water pipes you will need:

3 x 90 degree x 25 mm i.d. hose elbows
2 x 45 degree x 25 mm i.d. hose elbows

If you're keeping the thermostat you will also need:

1 x 180 degree x 13 mm i.d. hose elbow or a length of 13 mm i.d flexible hose.

I used Samco silicone hoses on my install, the Samco part numbers are:

E90-25
E45-25
XFL-13 (Xtraflex hose)

http://www.samcosport.com/row/race_parts.asp

The oil line terminals are AN-6 size. I used Earls fittings, lines and flame guard.

http://www.anplumbing.com/

The way you route the oil lines and the angle of the fittings you use may vary depending on your set up. I have the battery under the seat and used 2 x 45 degree fittings and 2 x straight fittings. If you have the battery relocated under the oil cooler you will need different fittings and length of line. The sizes however are all AN-6.

Most of the info you need should be in the installation guide, if you haven't received the radiator kit yet you can view it online at:

http://www.tygausa.com/technical-help/163-thermae-rc51-sp-radiator-installtion.html

Hope this helps.

#33 ·
Radiators are BACK IN STOCK! Along with the new SP1 rear huggers, and SP2 rearsets (reportedly fit SP1 as well-though I've not verified personally).

In short, we have ALL RC51 bits in stock. Only 4 sets of radiators available and they'll go quick - One each of polished ($949.95) and painted ($874.95) for SP1 and SP2 respectively.

Enjoy!

Bill

#39 ·
We do not supply oil lines with the kit. The reason is some people may have the battery relocated to under the oil filter which would require different length lines.

We supply AN-6 oil line fittings to the crankcase and can supply the oil cooler as a separate item.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.