RC51 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, after riding my sv650s for a while i decided to purchase my first liter bike which is a 2002 RC51:D. I picked up the bike bone stock with 3590 miles on it for $5.3k. The bike itself is amazing although I don't have it on the road yet because of the insurance and registration need to be updated...Monday can't come fast enough.
Anyhow glad to be aboard and am looking forward to adding on some new pipes soon and maybe some other mods.

First question:

I'll do some reading on the forum, but what are considered to be the better pipes for the RC51? Any good places to hunt for exhausts online? (I'm just going for the slip-on at this point)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm new to this bike as well, but from my reading in various places the Sato low mounts made the best power. Other brands have been favored as well, but I have not researched them enough to know which ones follow after the Sato's.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I'm new to this bike as well, but from my reading in various places the Sato low mounts made the best power. Other brands have been favored as well, but I have not researched them enough to know which ones follow after the Sato's.
Unfortunately the Sato's are no longer made for RC51's.
They were a bit pricey, but well worth it for mid-range power and sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts