RC51 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! finally have got my dream bike, but still not used to it at all haha. I had a superhawk before, then got a drz400 supermoto and its a blast but i need to be able to use the highway and travel longer distances than the drz is comfortable with. I would rather have had an sp2 but i am not a racer so its no big deal to me.

After one day of riding it the left radiator coolant hose T connection split in half so its in the shop til later this week and they are fixing it hopefully free of charge because i had only had it one day haha. pretty sure it was a previous owner type of thing, but with 24,000 on the clock something had to go. Just cant wait to get back on the bike!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I missed the sound of the sport twins. Just need to figure out why the powerband hits at like 5500 rpm and not lower. Never dealt with power commanders before so will probably bring it to a dyno and such.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Yeah I missed the sound of the sport twins. Just need to figure out why the powerband hits at like 5500 rpm and not lower. Never dealt with power commanders before so will probably bring it to a dyno and such.
The HP band doesn't really kick in until 6000. Then she starts waking up!
The torque band starts around 4500.
That's how mine feels anyways. Deceptively fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The HP band doesn't really kick in until 6000. Then she starts waking up!
The torque band starts around 4500.
That's how mine feels anyways. Deceptively fast.
im used to the torque band of my drz400SM which is really low i feel like(but dont remember) that the superhawk i had before had a low rpm start to the torque production.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts