RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Picked up my RC this past weekend. Drove 5.5 hours to and from Atlanta to get it. It's an '06 with 2700 miles. Bike is MINT without a scratch with a few goodies. Planning to tastefully mod her. Parts installed on it and planned below.

Currently installed:
Akra Slip-ons
PC III
CRG Adj levers
GPR Steering Stabilizer
3M protective coating on tank, fairing, and front fender.
Smoked Zero Grav wind screen
Harris grips
Sargent Seat

Planned mods:
Proton turns front (Ordered)
Hotbodies Undertail (ordered)
Custom LED retro (Doing myself)
Sato gold bar ends, rear sets, sliders. (Re-thinking sliders because I REALLY don't want to cut in to the gorgeous fairings)
Sargent seat re-foam. I want to add more foam in the rear of the seat to get me closer to the tank.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
nice bike....super clean and some good mods. looks like it was well taken care of by the previous owner. nice find welcome to the forum

·
Registered
188 Posts
Gorgeous RC. Have you considered upgrading the brake lines?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I have. The stock brakes are quite nice. I'm doing Galfer rotors and pads. Seem to be the best. And an upgraded rear caliper.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Very sweet machine, on the sliders I would install them due to the rads being on the side it is just a little more insurance if the ah shit happens.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Don't touch the brakes....

...RC brakes are awesome out of the box, no need to screw with them. You will make it worse, not better,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I love working on my own stuff, but for the sliders, I'll probably have someone else install them. I don't know if I could bear cutting into her. hah

After three solid days of riding, and stretching her legs on the motorway last night..... I'm in love. I don't think that I would have been happy on another gixxer, or TL1000R that I was looking at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts