RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im probably being picky,but on my SP1 that I got a few weeks ago Im playing with various exhaust (slip-ons). But I keep noticing standing behind the bike the left side canisters points inward more than the right..Does this happen a lot? Are most of yours perfectly aligned? Or is there something I should look for? Nothing seems bent...It's not that bad, but if your looking at it your going to notice...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Ok Im probably being picky,but on my SP1 that I got a few weeks ago Im playing with various exhaust (slip-ons). But I keep noticing standing behind the bike the left side canisters points inward more than the right..Does this happen a lot? Are most of yours perfectly aligned? Or is there something I should look for? Nothing seems bent...It's not that bad, but if your looking at it your going to notice...
Insert a cheap Home Depot washer or two between the mounting hoop's tabs and the rear passenger peg mounting tab ... enough that it pushes the can outward.

In this pic I have four washers inserted to keep the swing arm from hitting the can:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep gonna do that tomorrow....Now that I think about it I guess it's impossible to just put two canisters on and xpect them to be perfect...Little tweaking needs to be done it seems..Or no??

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Tweeking is a necessary evil. I have 3 sets of mids and they all align the cans differently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts