RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here. I just bought a 2003 RC. I want to get some input from some of you about what my plans are with it. I am going to make a turbo kit for it. I have a turbo charged Honda VTX1800 and I love the power, looks and sound. I built the VTX because of an accident where I shattered some vertebre and no longer allows me to ride sportbikes. So I plan to build a custom frame and set the RC up like a chopper for a more relaxed riding position. Anyway, I'm just trying to get peoples feedback and thoughts as to if the engine will handle the extra power. Thanks guys.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Very nice and welcome. Sorry to hear about your accident. You should consider doing a "write-up" on here on your progress on the "RC Chopper"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that dream was short lived. After talking to a couple race shops, it seems that the RC is not a good candidate for a turbo. Both shops said the engine is meant to take but about 20 more horse power than it is stock. I think I might try a V-Rod or a RoadStar Warrior. That sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts