RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2003 RC51 over this past weekend and so far so good. I am not new to riding, I've had a couple bikes: F4i, 929, R6, Aprilia RSV 1000R, and two R1's. The RC51 has a few mods to it: PCIII, Yoshi Slip Ons, Gears, Flush Mounts, nothing too serious. I've ordered a speed o healer to correct the mileage issue causes by the gearing. I need to replace the stator gasket as it leaks a little bit of oil. My main question is, is there a way to high mount the slip ons? I definitely like the higher exhaust mount look, but don't want to drop a ton of money on a completely new exhaust. Is there anything else I need to do to the bike? It has 30k on it and has been maintained regularly, runs very solid and is a blast on the back roads. Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2003 RC51 over this past weekend and so far so good. I am not new to riding, I've had a couple bikes: F4i, 929, R6, Aprilia RSV 1000R, and two R1's. The RC51 has a few mods to it: PCIII, Yoshi Slip Ons, Gears, Flush Mounts, nothing too serious. I've ordered a speed o healer to correct the mileage issue causes by the gearing. I need to replace the stator gasket as it leaks a little bit of oil. My main question is, is there a way to high mount the slip ons? I definitely like the higher exhaust mount look, but don't want to drop a ton of money on a completely new exhaust. Is there anything else I need to do to the bike? It has 30k on it and has been maintained regularly, runs very solid and is a blast on the back roads. Thanks.
I'm no expert, but with my recent fights with my Scorpion slip ons, I presume you just need a set of new midpipes. But getting parts such as this are nigh on impossible. www.rc51parts.com is a good place to start or go to your local muffler shop and have them fab some up.

·
Registered
158 Posts
as it has been stated, best bet is to get them made, just some pipe, nothing too fancy really.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
welcome to the forum bro, glad to see another '03 getting the miles on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts