RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys names AL . just bought a 2003 honda rc51 . 3rd sportbike . 4th over all bike. its my dream bike so i dont think this one will ever be up for sale like my gixxer 1000 or my honda 954rr. but cant wait to mod this thing. bought the bike with 14k on the clock and it has the TBR exhasut high mount already install. end up ordering the BMC air filter. lol then i read they are useless on these bikes. and i already ordered a PCV. so just sitting here waitng for springs. but anyways. just wanted to say whats up guys!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There she is

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy.

FWIW, there are some issues with the PCV on the RC51. I recommend reading the forum about mods you are interested in before purchasing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ohh really. that sucks.. and yeah i normally do that. im way to pumped about the bike . i gotta relax alittle

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha ive made that one of my favorite page already lol.. very good read! thank you

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but if you get you bike custom tuned will you still have these problems?? or should i pretty much go find a used pc3

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it just hit me! Can't do soft rev mod . Don't have enough balls to cut into my factory harness of my dream bike . Is it summer I just wanna ride the thing

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that's good to know there is a kit

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol braver man then me!

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Welcome, enjoy! :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JW do the standard mount aftermarket exhaust make more HP and TQ then the High mount one?? i really dont see alot of ppl with high mount exhasuts on these bikes ?? maybe its just me??

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh ok . Thanks for the info. Not sure now if I should keep my 2 Bros high mount or look for a low mount exhaust

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's not really going to matter. It's really about your personal preference on looks. I just got a jardine 2-1 because I like the look. Top end power is a plus also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i love the two cans of the rc51 i dont think i could ever going to a single can. ? so are you saying the high mount has better top end?

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
i love the two cans of the rc51 i dont think i could ever going to a single can. ? so are you saying the high mount has better top end?
Most 2 to 1 have a larger diameter pipe going to the can. So more flow and less restriction. Less exhaust restriction means more top end power at the cost of low end power. It's kinda like the difference between large tube headers vs smaller tube headers on an old school V8. A little bit of back pressure builds the low end power/torque.

Personally I like coming out of corners at 4-5k in 2nd and watching the other bikes cry about doing the same. Plus the RC was made to have two cans and it look funny missing one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts