RC51 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
If his description of the (minor) cosmetic flaws is accurate, it seems to be priced right. I just paid around a grand more for a totally stock RC with about the same mileage.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Check it out

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased the same year bike for $5800 with 5400 miles and without any plastics damage, with stock pipes, and with a PowerCommander. So the price doesn't seem too much if there isn't a previous crash in its history...

It does seems strange that a 2003 RC51 has a new chain and new sprockets... Don't just go by the condition of the plastics but check out the bolts (look for white factory paint marks) and anything that might indicate it has been down... Also look at the tires: are they stock? have they been replaced with soft Dunlops for track time?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Whats strange about a new sprocket and chain???

It sounds to me like the guy did it right by swapping the sprocket and chain and not just 1 by itself.

I'll tell you whats strange.....I bought my bike with 18K on it and it still had the original chain & sprocket

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.