RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say "Hello"! I've been addicted to and owned an RC51 for about 5 years. I've been riding Sportbikes since the Kawasaki GPz Days! Mine is an SP2. Born in 2002. Doesn't look anything like a "Normal" RC51 as far as the paint scheme. I'll post pictures later. I'm at work now. See ya!!!

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Welcome along oneshot onekill! Meh, some of us here hail back to before the GPz was even dreamt of LMAO. Beezers and Bonnies with rearsets and clipons were sport bikes in my youth, but hey, that's history.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome along oneshot onekill! Meh, some of us here hail back to before the GPz was even dreamt of LMAO. Beezers and Bonnies with rearsets and clipons were sport bikes in my youth, but hey, that's history.
Well alrighty then... Gotta respect anyone older than me that can still ride in the "Sportbike position". Most guys I know my age or older don't have the back or the arms for it.

... I'm 48. Figured someone would ask.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the only picture I could find here at work. I've since added Vortex Rearsets and a different shield. I also had to shorten the cans a little after a slow speed low-side in Daytona during bikeweek broke one of them... Oh yea, I also changed the undertail. I'll post a newer picture soon.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Hey, I'm not "that" old oneshot! Shoot, my wife figures I still act like a teenager most of the time. Long as the Leo's don't take that attitude my way it's all good by me. I'm just approaching the double nickel, and that ain't the speed limit;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome !!

Welcome aboard and GREAT looking bike !!! Nice scheme really different and very tasty. RIDE SAFE HOOVY

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks Hoovy! I put all those graphics on myself. The Bike was just Black and Silver when I got her. Even the tank.
Funny story about the wings... I ordered them online and it took weeks for them to show up. Turns out they were coming all the way from Malta. Showed up in a little "can" shaped package all rolled up individually. Anyway, I just couldn't help but give the Bike a name based on that. You guessed it... "Maltese Falcon". I know... It's TERRIBLY dorky!... And I NEVER call the Bike that to anyone! ... And NO, it's not printed anywhere on the Bike. But I couldn't help it!

Myself, and now anyone who reads this are the only ones who know...

... Can't believe I actually put that on a forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts