RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,all. Just wanted to formally log on as a member. Just recently bought a wrecked Sp1 as a winter project bike/toy. I've never had a twin and look forward to restoring it to its former glory. Im excited to see the difference in the ride. I've had a couple of cbr 600's and my last bike was a 929rr with PC and new sprockets, but im almoust nervous of the sledgehammer that is its torque. Ive got all that mechanical parts ready to put on, and I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order Movistar fairings from the Far East on Ebay. I'm figuring on going with Auctmart since they have the best reviews on this forum. Wish me luck and I'll post pics when I'm done. PS this is a very informative forum site. Thanks and keep up the good threads.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
If you've never ridden the bike before, you may find the power delivery a bit different than I-4's.
They sound so totally different too.
If you like hot rods or 60's muscle cars, then you'll love the RC51 with a good set of pipes.
It's not as refined as today's bikes, which are almost too sanitized.
Withe RC51, you'll feel the vibration, and the intake roar, and of course the distinctive cam gear whine.
And it feels directly linked to your throttle hand. You twist, it reacts, as a good bike should.
I think you'll like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vtwin

Oh, I know I love the sound of it,thats what made me want it. Its got Jardine pipes that need repacking,so its good and loud. I thought it was time for me to get a cruiser, but I couldnt get the sportbike out of my blood. This seemed to be a good comprimise. I havent gotten new wheels on it yet so its not ridable (bad case of previous owner doing wheelie into an ugly tank slapping wreck). But I still go out to the garage probably once a day to start it up just to hear it rumble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts