RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just picked up a 2000 SP1 in red/ black here in the UK.
What a bike. Had a few different bikes over the years but this is great fun. :D

Looking for a PC3 now...

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :D
It's ok. It's 18k and it's been dropped (off stand) on the side you can see above. I few scratches here and there, but stand back and you can't see them!
It rides like a dream, I can see why people who own them keep going on about them!
I just need an PC3 to smooth things out a bit and it'll be a good 'un.
If anyone's up for getting me one from over the pond I'd me much appreciated. ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome to the forum chap......

·
Registered
84 Posts
awesome looking bike and welcome! what you have for mods? see the pipes....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a full Akrapovik system, I haven't taken any panels off yet to check filters or anything though. These's no PC under the seat though, so that's what I'll be looking for soon.
It did come with the standard pipes too which was a bonus. :D
I can't wait for some sunny days now...(Even dry would be a start!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome Matt!

Hey Matt nice one. I cant seem to post a new thread yet maybe I need to do so many replies before I can post a thread.

Anyway I am new to this forum today and am also UK based (live in Bristol but work out of Hook/London/Bristol). I bought a black 2007 SP2 in December and got it delivered day before yesterday. It only has 3000miles on the clock and I felt like a kid at Christmas with it. I have a BMW 1150 GS Adventure (tractor) too as a workhorse but this is the mega fun bike. Am taking it real steady right now but bike is awesome.

It has a Power Commander fitted already and Micron hi level exhausts although I will be taking them off soon and replacing with an Akrapovic full system so I can get rearsets in place. I will also try and source a new tinted screen and will get her serviced for good measure.

Had a black Suzuki SV650S with many many extras (full Akrapovic, Pazzo levers, rearsets, Hyperpro springs, carbon everywhere etc etc) but the wife had her eye on it for ages and has now 'acquired' it!

V TWIN POWER!!! Am just being wary with my right hand right now, although dont tell my missus or she might think I am talking about something else!!

:cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Just had my PCIII re-map'd with great results.

Great bunch of guys on here with lots of SP knowledge :)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
422 Posts
VTR SP rocks

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think if I ever wrecked my plastics I might do a euro look rebuild.. I cant plenty of looks on my US spec RC I could only imagine what people would say with VTR/SP 1 badging!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think if I ever wrecked my plastics I might do a euro look rebuild.. I cant plenty of looks on my US spec RC I could only imagine what people would say with VTR/SP 1 badging!!
I quite like some of the US colours too, the grass is always greener etc etc. :D
I probably would change if I could find a tank for good money, they don't seem to come up for sale too often.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Power Commander now fitted and it's running like a dream! :D
Here's a shot at our local Sunday meeting spot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome Matt.I have the same year SP1 as yourself with 9500miles on it.Theres some pics of it in a thread down along.I've the following done to mine
Carbon Frame Protectors
Carbon Look Mirrors
Carbon Look Yoke Protector
Replacement Bar-Ends
Honda VTR Racing Tank Pad
Titanium Screen Bolts
Alloy Sprocket Bolts
Brake Reservoir Cap
Carbon Engine Cover
Rider/Pillion Footrest Kit
Hugger Kit
Tank Kit
Titanium Lever Bolts
Titanium Mirror Bolts
Front Fork Pinch Bolts
Fairing Kit
Clutch Reservoir Cap
Carbon Fibre Rear Hugger
Carbon Fibre Clock Surround
Flame Decals
Paddock Stand Spools
VTR Licence Plate Bolts
HRC Tyre Valves
HRC Brake/Clutch Covers
Headlight Protectors
Michelin Sport Pilot Rear Tyre
Scorpion End Cans
Front/Rear Pegs
Double Bubble Screen

It can get addictive
Enjoy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know what you mean. Since I've had mine, last month or so;
Carbon yoke cover
Carbon clock surround
Power Commander 3 USB

It already had a Harris carbon hugger fitted.

I've enquired into some carbon swing arm covers and some carbon rad fins too , that should look good. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
ya ill be ordering the swing arm covers on friday.check out oppracing.com
they have some unreal carbon stuff
let me know how you get on

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will do, thanks.
I went to www.carbonpartz.net $110 for the fins and $200 for the swingarm covers + shipping.
I'll have to wait for those little bits until funds improve! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool.Im getting the swingarm covers from carbonpartz as well.Not sure what I think of the fins yet.You might post some pics when you get tyours.If you need the name of anymore places to get stuff give me a shout.
I'd love to get some magnesium wheels but well out of my price range,time to start saving I think
Best of luck with it anyway fella

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carbon fins ordered for the moment, I'll let you know what they're like. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts