RC51 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi there from the southwest of sunny England :rolleyes:

Great to be registered here and look forward to many conversations about these awesome bikes.

Just took delivery from northern Ireland of my SP2. 2007 with 3000 miles on the clock. Its black (waited and waited for one to come up!) and has Micron high level cans (soon to be replaced with Satos or Akrapovics) and a Power Commander.

Next steps are:

- Exhausts - Can only track down Satos from USA but the import duty will be horrendous so may have to stick with UK sourced exhausts and Akrapovic look to me to be the next best. Am ditching the Microns as want to put rear sets on and the high level exhausts get in the way :( shame as they look great.
- Rearsets - looking at Gilles
- Screen - slightly tinted screen not sure which one yet
- Tank cover - Bagster in black
- Dyno & mapping of PC to match new exhausts
- Carbon front mudguard & rear hugger

Been looking at a www.honda-rc51.de chap on there has some very inspiring modifications but not sure I want to go to that level on such a nice original low mileage bike...we'll see!

Oh, finally, if any of you UK bikers are interested, I am going on a bike ride to RAF Lyneham via Wootton Bassett to honour our amazing soldiers and military staff overseas. Check out the Afghan Heroes website. Its on the 14th March but YOU HAVE TO REGISTER BEFORE 14th Feb as RAF Lyneham is a military base so they need to know who is coming. 10,000 (yes you did get that right TEN THOUSAND) bikers registered to date!

:cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
balck SP

Foooking whopping bike there mate!!! love the white and the black models, makes the bike look like the precision tool it is, i have ackrapovic 2-1 on my SP2, and love the microns, as they are proper Uk made, you can bye some brackets via rc51 racing i think it´s called, he makes some adaptors to fithi level pipes and retain the footpegs for pillons

cheers IV

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Foooking whopping bike there mate!!! love the white and the black models, makes the bike look like the precision tool it is, i have ackrapovic 2-1 on my SP2, and love the microns, as they are proper Uk made, you can bye some brackets via rc51 racing i think it´s called, he makes some adaptors to fithi level pipes and retain the footpegs for pillons

cheers IV
Cheers mate, I will look into this. I want to keep mine as 2-2 but I bet the 2-1 sounds nice.

Akrapovics are going to be very pricey (over £1000). I have tracked down a very helpful chap in the States who has his last stock of Sato cans for SP2s and I can get two Sato titaniums for around $1000US + $90 postage. However I will then also pay import duty, although by selling the Microns I could recoup a few hundred quid.

Alternative is keep the Microns and get low level link pipes fitted.

Am at a loss right now as I like carbon look but not sure if they will last as long due to the vibrations etc. I am considering going crazy and buying the full titanium Akrapovic system and having it ceramic coated black.

There's no mad rush though and the main thing is I HAVE AN SP2 :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did think I was quite lucky to find the titanium Akrapovik system fitted to mine as the guy hadn't mentioned it in the ad!! ;)
I've only had mine a few weeks now too, just waiting for the roads to dry out a bit before taking it out again.

Good to see the arrival of another UK based SP rider here...there must be more.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cheers mate, I will look into this. I want to keep mine as 2-2 but I bet the 2-1 sounds nice.

Akrapovics are going to be very pricey (over £1000). I have tracked down a very helpful chap in the States who has his last stock of Sato cans for SP2s and I can get two Sato titaniums for around $1000US + $90 postage. However I will then also pay import duty, although by selling the Microns I could recoup a few hundred quid.

Alternative is keep the Microns and get low level link pipes fitted.

Am at a loss right now as I like carbon look but not sure if they will last as long due to the vibrations etc. I am considering going crazy and buying the full titanium Akrapovic system and having it ceramic coated black.

There's no mad rush though and the main thing is I HAVE AN SP2 :D
rigth on!!

i think i have a ackrapovic 2-1 TIt system at the workshop, you can have for 1000 quid if you like, it´s been used for under 1000 miles, with hangers and all the trimmings

acttually the 2-2 sounds better than my 2-1, but i´m too lazy to swicht over as it´s a fucker to get the rear pipe off

cheers

IV

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rigth on!!

i think i have a ackrapovic 2-1 TIt system at the workshop, you can have for 1000 quid if you like, it´s been used for under 1000 miles, with hangers and all the trimmings
IV
Mate, if it had been a 2-2 I would have bought it for sure! I'd like to stick with a 2-2 as I love the sound and it makes other road users aware of me! Thanks for the offer though and if you see any 2-2's let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did think I was quite lucky to find the titanium Akrapovik system fitted to mine as the guy hadn't mentioned it in the ad!! ;)
I've only had mine a few weeks now too, just waiting for the roads to dry out a bit before taking it out again.

Good to see the arrival of another UK based SP rider here...there must be more.
Thanks mate, sounds like you had a great buy there! I am the same as you, desperate to get some time on the saddle but waiting for dry conditions and preferably at least some warmth in the air!!! If you decide to sell your exhaust system let me know!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
not 2-1, but 2-2

rigth on!!

acttually the 2-2 sounds better than my 2-1, but i´m too lazy to swicht over as it´s a fucker to get the rear pipe off

cheers

IV
sorry i´m so daft, i intended to write 2-2, but somehow fucked it up, it IS a 2-2 i have in the workshop NOT a 2-1, that´s on my bike currently

cheers

Ivar

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome to the group!! Nice looking SP2.
The Euro models came with color schemes we never had in the Americas.
I was unawares the Euro models also came in the same black scheme we also had.
There are several UK riders who are members here who may chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats interesting. I had looked at other colours but all my bikes are black and I didnt want them getting the hump with the SP2 ;) Black bikes also tend not to look out of date so quickly!

Just ordered a set of oval titanium Satos from Mike Wheeler of Kyle Racing USA. Man he was really really helpful. Cant wait for them to turn up. I would highly recommend the guy although expect many of you know him already.

Cheers guys!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry i´m so daft, i intended to write 2-2...it IS a 2-2 i have in the workshop NOT a 2-1, that´s on my bike currently
Hi Ivar,

Dropped you a PM about the Akrapovic 2-2 system. Give me a shout mate when you get a chance, or drop me an email.

Cheers!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Ivar,

Dropped you a PM about the Akrapovic 2-2 system. Give me a shout mate when you get a chance, or drop me an email.

Cheers!

hi

i emailed you saturday morning? haven´t you gotten it?

cheers

IV

1 - 14 of 14 Posts