RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Been poking around a couple of the RC51 FB groups for quite a while now but never got around to making a profile for this site. Good to be here and hope to learn a thing er 3 over time. I own a 2002 RC51, third owner. Purchased it in 2004 about 3 hours away from home and it's been my baby ever since. Had about 8k miles when I got it and now has nearly 23k on the odo.

Haven't spent a lot of money in mods but now that life is settling down a bit I have started to accumulate more stuff. Have 4 exhaust sets but looking to trim that down to 2 soon, as 4 just chews up much needed space and moola. Recently picked up steel braided brake lines front and rear, not installed, and have an extra set of heads laying around that I have been considering having polished, any hp/torque gains there?

Been lucky with her so far never been dropped or downed in any way so as we both get older I am far more careful with her than I was 13 years ago. However, we did make a run up Pike's Peak about a week before the race this year which just made me want to go back down and head back up multiple times. Great being a part of the community!

Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Welcome to the forums Dave it's about time bud

that looks like a nice SP2 you've got there

I've never done it but a Pikes Peak climb must've been fun

Btw I saw your Satos for sale on facebook you shouldn't have any trouble selling those in time the right buyer will come along

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.

Rumble - I'm just a jog up from you in Greenwood.

Smokin - Nice connection, how did you know that was me? Must have been the fact that I have 2 sets up for sale at the same time, huh? I've wanted a banzai set for my bike before I ever even owned it. Didn't realize how the race bikes had the mids routed but I knew I loved the look of the cans tucked up tight to the tail. Waiting on a new gasket for the rear header to come in before I finish up the job.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome aboard ! :) :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts