RC51 Forums banner

Newb

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  thisguy 
#1 ·
Hi I'm Geoff. I have a 2000 RC-51 that I use as a track only bike and had a crash last weekend. I found this site while trying to find some parts. I need a clutch lever and a shifter. I'm looking forward to being involved in this site.

#3 ·
Just track days....for now. I've been riding since age 6 and now I'm 36 but I started the track stuff about 6 months ago. I ride an Aprilia RTS-1000 for my commute. I own a bike shop and my partner Races in CCS and is helping me get started. I've done 3 track days at Jennings here in Florida and had a great time but the third time my tires were done and I crashed twice. So now I gotta get me some parts. We are renting the track in the beginning of may and I have to be ready by then.

#4 ·
Hey Geoff, why don't you drift down to Sarasota to Fuel Cafe one weekend?
Especially when there's a MotoGP or WSBK race scheduled.
We usually have a nice group of riders and race lovers watching.
Also meet Dex the owner, who races his Ducati.
Where's you shop located? I may drift up to check it out.

#5 ·
Ya there are some people I know that go there and rave about it. I'm pretty active on Tampasportbikes and There are some people that meet up with some of the Southfloridasportbikers (I think that's what it is) down there on race days. You must know a guy named Scott that goes by Poppanodoz (sp) he found that place and is it's best marketer. My shop is called Pure Acceleration It's close to Brandon. I am part owner, It's MY wife and I with another couple. Just a little place but we are a great place to hang out and work on your bike in our bay with our tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.