RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2000 RC51. Still have a 90 ZX7 but this is the bike I really wanted. Used to have two NC30s. They were the best handling bikes I had ever riden. I have not riden the RC51 up in the curves yet but is seem as good if not better then my NC. Can't wait to get to the curves.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you're near Idaho Falls. How's the weather over there? I don't know of many riders in Idaho.
I was went through IF on Sat. The weather was great. A little windy but still great. I live near Boise (about 300 miles).

Just got back from an all day ride in the mountains. At first I was not liking the power of the bike. Handling was OK.

Then we got in the good stuff and the bike came alive. One big thing I have noticed is you must get your butt off the seat in the corners. Not sure what RPMs you guys like to keep your bikes in. I think I really need to do the flapper mod. I get this hesitation/serge in the 5-6 thousand area.

THIS THING IS A TRACTOR. Need to learn how to counter stear on this bike. I was good on the ZX.

Now time to set up the suspension. I guess that is for a different thread.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh ya, not sure if this site has the spelling police but I am one of the worst spellers going. I try to copy into word and spell check but some times it does not happen. OH WELL live with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome

I was went through IF on Sat. The weather was great. A little windy but still great. I live near Boise (about 300 miles).

Just got back from an all day ride in the mountains. At first I was not liking the power of the bike. Handling was OK.

Then we got in the good stuff and the bike came alive. One big thing I have noticed is you must get your butt off the seat in the corners. Not sure what RPMs you guys like to keep your bikes in. I think I really need to do the flapper mod. I get this hesitation/serge in the 5-6 thousand area.

THIS THING IS A TRACTOR. Need to learn how to counter stear on this bike. I was good on the ZX.

Now time to set up the suspension. I guess that is for a different thread.
I don't know if your bike is totally stock, but i know there were some fuel mapping differences between the SP1 and the SP2 to go along with all the other changes, the flapper valve is a great start also, a 15 tooth front sprocket and 41 rear help quite a bit along with a power commander and mapping, all good staring points,good luck and let the modding begin

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I need to give some info

2000 HONDA RVT RC-51! Power ComanderII, Morwaki high pipes, Tail light intergrater, Double bubble, Tank camera mont, New battery, New Pilot Power tires, Newer front brakes, Rear seat and foot pegs, Frame sliders, Swing arm sliders and Bar end sliders. It has been down at about two miles an hour so there is scratches on the left fairing. 44000 miles on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts