RC51 Forums banner

Newbe to the RC51

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  1ofakindRR 
Welcome

I was went through IF on Sat. The weather was great. A little windy but still great. I live near Boise (about 300 miles).

Just got back from an all day ride in the mountains. At first I was not liking the power of the bike. Handling was OK.

Then we got in the good stuff and the bike came alive. One big thing I have noticed is you must get your butt off the seat in the corners. Not sure what RPMs you guys like to keep your bikes in. I think I really need to do the flapper mod. I get this hesitation/serge in the 5-6 thousand area.

THIS THING IS A TRACTOR. Need to learn how to counter stear on this bike. I was good on the ZX.

Now time to set up the suspension. I guess that is for a different thread.
I don't know if your bike is totally stock, but i know there were some fuel mapping differences between the SP1 and the SP2 to go along with all the other changes, the flapper valve is a great start also, a 15 tooth front sprocket and 41 rear help quite a bit along with a power commander and mapping, all good staring points,good luck and let the modding begin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.