RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently picked up a 03 51. has a few mods, jardine cf slip ons, galfer braided lines front and rear, braided clutch line, braking front rotors,sargent seat, a 15\41 gearing. the odometer is showing 30k miles on it. I got the bike to turn around and sell but now i think i like it a little too much and i think i'm gonna keep her. I'm just wandering what all i need to check and go over due to the high miles. valves? cluthes?(which feel like theyre slipping). I just want to know what all im looking at before i fall too much in love with the beast and permantely add it to the garage of toys. lol. thanks for any help.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
As the bike is a relatively unknown since you just bought it, I'd suggest an overall inspection and check.
It was the same way with mine when I bought it.
I had all the fluids changed (coolant, brake fluid, oil/filter), then had the valves checked.
I checked the brake pads, air filters, etc.
I looked at the condition of the rubber items (tires, hoses, etc).
I looked at my clutch plates and measured their thickness and they were well within the factory specs, so I returned them to operation.
When I had her apart to replace the bodywork and wiring harnesses I made sure all the electrical connectors got a liberal dab of dielectric grease to weather-proof the contacts.
So far she's never failed to start and run. The valve shims hardly need swapping.
In all, a very stoutly built engine and well built bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you still think theres plenty of life left in it with it already at 30k? i like to ride my bikes alot. i rode over 9k miles between my two 636 ninjas last summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts