RC51 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everybody I literally just purchased a 2003 RC51 about an hour ago. The first one I went to look at was not up to snuff and just when I thought I might have to settle for an inferior bike, I found my new baby. It's a 2003 with 22k miles. I would rate it an A-, picked it up in Sarasota for $3800. I am located right outside of Tampa in a suburb called Brandon. If there are any local riders that want to go for a ride, just let me know. I look forward to learning a lot and meeting some new friends as well.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Welcome to the group!!
BTW What did the seller look like?
I happen to know a friend who has a 2003 RC51 here (there aren't that many in this town).
Did the bike happen to have 2Bros slip-ons?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome I'm in st.petersburg. Check out tampasportbikes.com for a local forum. This one is great for honest info and know how tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the group!!
BTW What did the seller look like?
I happen to know a friend who has a 2003 RC51 here (there aren't that many in this town).
Did the bike happen to have 2Bros slip-ons?
The seller was a gentleman named Bill, he is a car salesman at Gettle Acura. He looked to be in his mid 40's very clean cut. It did not come with a 2bros. It came with a stainless Jardine 2 into 1 system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi RVT Dude,only been a member for couple weeks but all seems very positive.Enjoy

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey buddy welcome to the group. And congratz on the bike. If you don't mind could you please post a picture of your new baby.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
The seller was a gentleman named Bill, he is a car salesman at Gettle Acura. He looked to be in his mid 40's very clean cut. It did not come with a 2bros. It came with a stainless Jardine 2 into 1 system.
Yeah that might have been the one RC51 I saw when stopped at a light.
I was in the left turn lane while he was in right traffic lane.
Too bad, since it would've been nice to meet.
That would make about 4 in my town.
That's one thing about RC51s, they're not that common and easy to spot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey buddy welcome to the group. And congratz on the bike. If you don't mind could you please post a picture of your new baby.
I would love to, do you know how to upload pics here from a camera phone?
For now, here is the listing.http://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/2590721816.html
It is also still listed on the Suzuki of Sarasota website in the used section. There is actually a YouTube video walk around that would give you a really good idea of what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Welcome from the already frosty north country. Nice looking ride, but that looks more like an Akra sticker on that pipe to me. Not sayin, just sayin.:D Oops, just looked at another, looks like I'm the one that's wrong hehe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welcome I am a new member and owner as well. The guys here are top notch! Enjoy your RC its a great bike and you got a great deal!

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I would love to, do you know how to upload pics here from a camera phone?
For now, here is the listing.http://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/2590721816.html
It is also still listed on the Suzuki of Sarasota website in the used section. There is actually a YouTube video walk around that would give you a really good idea of what it looks like.
Dude you're like right up the street from me!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Brandon, about 1 hour from you. The lister of the ad is close to you. Hey are you the same Subsailor from the Florida sportsman forum? I used to frequent that site alot when I had my boat(s) (under the name exude dude)but when they made that massive change a while back I fell out of touch with a lot of my fishing friends on there and pretty much abandoned ship on that site (no pun intended).

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
SubSailor, I'm rolling on the floor laughing!!
Dude -- That's clever, and I instantly got the visual of the Dude from the big labowski. Funny stuff!
No offence whatsoever RVT Dude, just my crazy brain here.
Remember the scene when ??? throws the cremated ashes at the ocean, and the wind blows them right back, completely covering The Dude's face? :D

I'm sorry for the thread jack :eek: Couldn't help myself...
RVT Dude, you got a smoking deal! I'm jealous! I have at least that much $$ into mine just to get it looking pristene from a lowside when I bought it, and I had to do a lot of work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts