RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the addiction that is RC51SP1's(or VTR1000's over here). Stumbled across the site a few days ago looking for info and found more than I was looking for so thought I'd do the right thing and sign up. MySP1 has somewhat of a secret past so I am presently trying to set it back to as new stock as I can. (my other addiction is a ZRX1100) Excuse the dust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Nice bikes, welcome to the forum. Love those ZRX's too.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome aboard. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Welcome & enjoy! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much Guys.
The current track gearing is not really too good for everyday commuting/weekend blasting and I am currently looking to do the 15/42 change over. Can you guys tell me if 15/42 is the way to go for revs v gob smacking torque and wheelies. Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey croz, from oz here too Geelong, Vic. 15/42 is perfect in my opinion but different horses for different courses. Purrs along nicely at 100k.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wow, I love that paint scheme. Congratulations, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey croz, from oz here too Geelong, Vic. 15/42 is perfect in my opinion but different horses for different courses. Purrs along nicely at 100k.
Hey Gardz, thanks for the feedback. I sort of suspected that may be the case and just needed an affirmative I suppose. I'm in Geelong occasionally should give you a hoy next time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey Gardz, thanks for the feedback. I sort of suspected that may be the case and just needed an affirmative I suppose. I'm in Geelong occasionally should give you a hoy next time.
Rare to find someone on an sp in my area, drop me a line when you are passing through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gardz thanks for that. Just to go back to the gearing thing have you fitted a speedo healer or same. My old ZRX works of a cable but the SP1 works off the wonders of electronics and I'm told I will need one with sprocket changes. Many thanks.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yep, I have fitted a healtech speedo healer, it is also easy as pie to program via their website instructional. Works a treat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts