RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, newbie here from the Pacific NorthWest USA.

I've had many bikes over the years but never a RC51, have been interested in them for years and am feeling the itch to get one soon I think if I can find the right one. I just registered here to read n learn from ya'll, and hopefully be an owner of one myself this summer.

I do like Honda's, here's my current rides.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi there, and welcome. We've crossed on another forum:)

I have one of these in my collection. You will be more than pleased if/when you get one. I've mainly been a fan of CBRs (I have a few Blades) and last year bought a Firestorm/Superhawk as a general runaround. So impressed was I with the V-twin experience, I thought I'd better go the whole hog and get the (arguably) best model.

Happy to help you with ANY queries you might have(y):

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx man, I appreciate it! Beautiful bike BTW! If I read in research correctly the white wasn't released in the US?

The majority of all my bikes were inline 4's, although I did have a KTM 1290SA for awhile a few years back, and ever sense then have this ongoing yearning for that twin torque, it's very different and fun.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If I read in research correctly the white wasn't released in the US?
Strangely not. UK, Euro, and Australia that I know of.

A few cheap ones in Europe at the moment are finding their way to UK by dealers.

I prefer the red, but in our market red came only as the earlier SP-1. Some later UK SP-2s were done in all black with red decals. This one is 2007:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strangely not. UK, Euro, and Australia that I know of.

A few cheap ones in Europe at the moment are finding their way to UK by dealers.

I prefer the red, but in our market red came only as the earlier SP-1. Some later UK SP-2s were done in all black with red decals. This one is 2007:

View attachment 134476
Thx, they're all beautiful in they're own way! (y)

I've always been drawn to the red, but that could be just the most common color, at least it feels that way in the US.

What I'll be after I think is more original than modified, something to kick around on here and there, no track time or daily ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts