RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2004 sp2
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Im new to the RC51 world and haven鈥檛 been on a forum in years so please bare with me 馃檹馃徏
picked up this 2500mile bike in Kuwait that was orginally brought here by its first owner from the states
I had a concern considering the front signals being lit all the time, is this normal or an electrical problem?
Also it has JARDINE cans on but no PC or other tune, what would you all suggest i do in that respect?
thanx!

Sami

Premium Member
Nice bike and welcome to the forum. Looks cleans.

As far as the turn signal issue, i can't remember if they stay lit. Doesn't sound right, though. I would check the relay located in the tail section. and go from there.

I would get a PC if you are going to keep the slip ons. Also check and see what filters are in the airbox. A custom map is always going to be best, but If that's the only performance upgrades you should be fine with downloading a base map for the jardines. You could always manually adjust the PC from there to fine tune it.

Registered
2004 sp2
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bike and welcome to the forum. Looks cleans.

As far as the turn signal issue, i can't remember if they stay lit. Doesn't sound right, though. I would check the relay located in the tail section. and go from there.

I would get a PC if you are going to keep the slip ons. Also check and see what filters are in the airbox. A custom map is always going to be best, but If that's the only performance upgrades you should be fine with downloading a base map for the jardines. You could always manually adjust the PC from there to fine tune it.
Thanx! I鈥檒l check on those and see

Registered
Beautiful bike. Your front turn signals and rear brake running light will be on when the ignition is on. They're sometimes referred to as parking lights.

Registered
2004 sp2
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful bike. Your front turn signals and rear brake running light will be on when the ignition is on. They're sometimes referred to as parking lights.
Great thankyou for the reply! Was worried there were some electrical gremlins there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts