RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wanted to ask a couple questions...I am a newbie to the RC and have been on this forum looking up great mods, pix, and other stuff. But what I was wondering is what mods are best for the RC? I wanna do the flapper mod but was a lil sketchy about the soft rev limiter. And my bike isn't CA. so Im pretty sure it doesn't have the EVAP mod avalible. Like I said before Im new to the RC so if anyone has any cheap mods or products avalible or just knows any cool info I would love to buy or see anything would be appricated....also pix help lol...I would post pix of mine but not sure how?:D

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
For the photos, go to the RC51 Gallery and create yourself a photo album.
The upload your photos to your photo album.

Or open a free account with photobucket or similar sites, and upload photos to your account there.
Then copy and paste the links.

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
A few people have asked this before and i always tell them buy some track time and some schools. Thats what will make you faster and safer on and off the track.
But we all love the mods too so my suggestion is do the soft rev mod.....all bikes sold outside the US did not have the limiter so i'd say its safe, and all bikes sold as racers by Honda (basic/complete) were also sold with no limiter from the factory. For some unknown reason only the US bikes got'em.

suspension (rear shock, 20mm conversion kit, rear shock link) will change the bike and some nice slip ons to liven it up a bit.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I have just a little different take on the first mods than gts. And a whole lot less experience too. But ...
On the first mod's, I'd say flapper mod first off. It's free. maybe the pair mod too, it's free except for block-off plates. and It get's rid of a lot extra crap, hose's and a cannister that looks rediculous every time I change my oil.
I haven't messed with the soft rev limiter. I've only bumped into it a couple time's and it's a gentle reminder for me, at least till I get more used to the bike. I've put 4,000 miles on it so far, and still learning a lot. This bike has so much unique character, but it sure is a fun learning curve.

http://www.rc51.org/mod.htm

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
i agree with Jondog....those should be your first mods. Easy and free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts