RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow RC51 Owners,
I am new to the site and a new RC51 Owner as well. I purchased my new ride this past weekend. I have been a previous Super Hawk owner, but always wanted an RC51. I have also recently made my first "classified" purchase here yesterday and picked up a Power Commander for my first Mod. The bike came with Race Tech Front & Rear Suspension w/ the rear link, Vortex 520 Chain Conversion, Scott;s Steering Stabilizer, K&N Air Filter, Speed-O Healer, Devil Slip-On Exhaust and Steel Braided Lines. The body has the expected scratches for a bike of it's age. Looking to upgrade the seat, as mine has some cracks and I might as well make it more comfy while I am at it. Thinking of looking into upgrading the Headlights. After that, I will consider new bodywork and/or paint scheme. I am open to any suggestions and will always appreciate good direction.
I have been off a bike for the last 4 years after a head-on collision in my car. All is well and I was lucky (and walked away). I just had a desire to wrap myself in a big metal cage for a while. Now, the urge to ride has gotten the better of me and I am back on two wheels.
Thanks for having me.
jauxpa
2001 Honda VTR 1000R RC51 SP-01

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
Welcome to the forum...post pics of the bike when you get the chance. Also ditch the K&N filter and pick up a set of OEM.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just picked mine up a few weeks ago. And paid the tax collector his outrageous registration fees yesterday! Ouch. Regardless, I am moving over from exclusively in line 4 bikes and really like the RC. I'm sure you will love yours, especially with the upgraded suspension. Mine is bone stock.

Welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts