RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellow riders, i'm new to the rc51 group and v-twins in general. are there any quick pointers you guys got for me?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice. i just picked up the bike friday night and have not been able to get tags on it yet so i've just been ridin it a little around the house and have noticed the gearing. what kind of gearing are you running?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have harris slip ons. i have not even counted the teeth on sprockets yet. can somebody tell me when you're doing the flapper mod do you plug the hose at the top near the bars or on the lower end. also where is the cheapest place to get the pcIII, and does anybody know a good tire that i can get some decent mileage off of?

·
Registered
27 Posts
ebay is the cheapest for a pcIII if u can find one, if not, motorcycle-superstore.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
and as far as tires go it really depends on personal preference and riding style. as much as we'd all like to think we live on a racetrack a lot of riders are better off with a sport touring tire for better mileage. sport tires are more prone to cup faster if you do a lot of upright riding, to get the best of both worlds id suggest a duel compound tire (more grippy softer compound on the edges with a firmer strip in the middle for prolonged upright riding). i personally use power one tires for the track and typically get pilot power ct2s for the street. the latter of the two is duel compound to get a little more life out of them and they also provide exceptional grip for a street/race tire. as i stated though this is mostly up to personal preference. hope that helps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the info. i will be doing alot more upright riding on the highway than anything. i have looked at some of the dual compound tires which is prob what i'll get. i only live about an hour from the blue ridge parkway so i will find some time to get up there in the curves. does it matter which end of the hose you take off when doin the flapper mod?

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
If you're removing all the parts, then cap it off near the engine.
If you just want to disable it for the time being, you can disconnect the flapper actuator connector.
For SP2's, the connector is mounted on the left radiator at the front.
The round one, not the fan. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts