RC51 Forums banner

Newer member, never did my introduction

1K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  Atomic-Fabricarion 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just wanted to post up some pics of my beast and say hi! I’ll keep updating my lists below as I remember or think of more goodness. I have a spare SP2 engine that I will be building up and then do a swap. I also have a complete spare bike at the moment and may just start from scratch. The bike now is in mint condition for the most part after a lot of work. Bought basically all the body work new minus the right fairing as that's not available. But the front cowl, rear cowl, solo cover, left fairing, front fender and gas tank are all new Honda OEM parts.

Parts Present:

Sato Exhaust
Sato Rearsets
Sato Frame Sliders
Renthal Ultralite 15 Tooth Front Sprocket
PSR Integrated Rear Master Cylinder Reservoir
Krator Mirrors
Scott's Steering Stabilizer
Corbin Seat
Hot Bodies Undertail Kit
CBR1000RR Wheels
Larger Clutch Slave Cylinder
Power Commander
Shorai Battery
Speedo Healer
Fox Rear Shock
Kyle's Rear Link
Brembo 100mm P4 Front Calipers
Brembo 19mm and 16mm Master Cylinders
Front Radial Caliper Mounts
Front Galfer Rotors
Titanium Front Rotor Hardware
Tyga Rear Hugger
Tyga Triple Clamp Set
Tyga Fork Preload Adjusters

Parts on order:

HERE - CBR Ignition Coil Conversion
HERE - Projection Headlights
HERE - Underslung Rear Caliper Mount
HERE - Barnett Clutch Kit
HERE - Galfer Rear Rotor
HERE - Titanium Rear Rotor Hardware
HERE - Electrix World Alternator/Flywheel Kit
HERE - LED Gauge Light Conversion

Future Parts Plan:

Brembo Rear Caliper
Durbahn Clutch Basket
Pistons
Camdrive Quietening Gear Removal
Clutch Gear Machining
Drill Out Shift Drum
Big Breather
Airbox
Velocity Stacks
Remove Clutch Noise Damper
Valve Springs
Titanium Valves
Port & Polish With Combustion Chamber Polish
Stage 2 Camshafts
Kyle's Fork Rework

See less See more
#4 ·
awesome. sounds like you're moving in the right direction.

when you say brembos are you talking masters or calipers? and if it's calipers which are you planning on? just keep in mind that just because it says brembo doesn't make it an upgrade. they make plenty of mediocre calipers.

#7 ·
Yup, spent a few weeks researching it all. Once I’m home and behind a computer I’ll update the original post with all the what’s, hopes and dreams. I believe it was 19mm master and 34mm pistons (x4 of coarse). I’ll get all the details once home and look at the receipts...... ugh, receipts 🤣

#10 ·
well holy shit. i wasn't expecting to see like 20k worth of work on your to-do list. haha

if this is a street bike don't do the light stator. it won't keep your system charged and you'll run into issues.

i also don't recommend hyperplates. they don't last.

for the engine build, be careful as you can turn 10k into smoke in a matter of minutes.

for the ohlins forks, don't marry yourself to the idea of fg832 or 322, you'll grossly overpay for a set of forks that are probably clapped out and were current tech 20 years ago

also, i don't think durbahn is a thing anymore. he went MIA years ago.

#11 ·
well holy shit. i wasn't expecting to see like 20k worth of work on your to-do list. haha

if this is a street bike don't do the light stator. it won't keep your system charged and you'll run into issues.

i also don't recommend hyperplates. they don't last.

for the engine build, be careful as you can turn 10k into smoke in a matter of minutes.

for the ohlins forks, don't marry yourself to the idea of fg832 or 322, you'll grossly overpay for a set of forks that are probably clapped out and were current tech 20 years ago
Yup, luckily I'm a machinest, hot rod builder and rock crawl builder. I'm not dead set on the suspension yet, may look into retuning and doing some of my own mods on the suspension side. As for the stator setup, I know charging was an issue in the past but after talking with Electrix they belive they solved the issue. They have two versions now, street and race. I went the street side.Offers enough to run all the standard items plus good charging capabilities. I'm not 100% sure on it yet but it won't hurt to give it a try since it's already on the DHL truck heading my way. The engine work side I know can be sketchy at times. I've been talking with Horde and plan to take their route on it. There's still a lot up in the air right now as I do my research on everything. Nothing 100% set in stone yet.

#13 ·
cool. i'm not a machinist but i spend a ton of time in a machine shop. i've done a fair bit of novel part design and 3 modeling, but don't run the equipment.

good luck with the build i'll be watching closely and offering meaningful help as i can. i've done a bit with these bikes so can help with setup and parts choice for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.