RC51 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wondering what the experts opinion is concerning the price difference between a N Haden 2004 and a standard?

Thank You

Ken Rayna

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Not sure what your "standard" comparable is, but all 2004 model year RCs were/are NH editions so unless it was a low mileage, garage/museum kept piece, I wouldn't pay that much of a premium for one (YMMV, of course).

You'll probably find some high NH asking prices on clean ones but there'll be a handful of "average" NH examples around that can be purchased at a fair price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thank you, I was unaware all 2004's were NH models with the brushed aluminum frame.

KRR, Team FASTLIKEJUDY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How does this RC 51 look

I am interested in a stock 2004 NH model as the motorcycle will be ridden on the street and I judge the performance of a stock motorcycle will be more than adequate.

There is currently a 2004 on Ebay in Orlando FL. I am sorry I cannot post links.

I would be interested in comments related to original condition and asking price of the motorcycle.

Thank you

KRR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Cobra90GT, you have listed the one I am looking at. I just sold two of my TRIUMPHs and have some cash for a different motorcycle. I have been riding, building and racing Vintage TRIUMPH motorcycles for 37 years and would like to try a "modern" classic motorcycle.

I would like to get and original RC51 since I doubt motorcycle will depreciate at all.

Thank you

KRR

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Wow 1 owner, 9K miles ... seems like a real good one to me.

Seller having exactly ONE feedback would concern me. Can you go look at it?

If his description is accurate, it's worth the $6K Buy It Now, in my opinion ... even better at $5500 :) I think I'd Buy It Now and just be prepared to NOT pay when you go to pick it up if there's anything not up to snuff.

Weird, I tried searching for this bike when you originally posted, as I'm in Gainesville FL about 2 hours north of Orlando, and I couldn't find it by searching. This may be in your favor, price-wise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2004 RC51 will have a new home

Well, I sent the check today for the subject RC51. Turns out the owner and I have a remote professional connection.

Very fair price. Now you will be subjected to my questions.

Thanks everyone on this forum, for the past two years I have been reading posts and checking prices. I will soon have my own 2004 NH RC 51.

I hope my 8 TRIUMPHS are not jealous?

Team FASTLIKEJUDY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 04 arrived from Orlando to upstate NY today!!! I just started it and took it up and down the road. Plates tomorrow then on the road.

Now will you guys teach me the secret handshake?

I want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. All the information and discussions led to to purchase this 04. I am sure I will have some questions.

Team FASTLIKEJUDY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paid $5400 and $500 for shipping to NY. It turns out the previous owner and I have a professional connection (small world). After a few photos and videos we made a deal.

I really enjoy the motorcycle compared to my old TRIUMPHs. Very comfortable, good torque and just fun to ride.

Thanks everyone.
Team FASTLIKEJUDY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Other RC51s have this problem?

I have now had my 04 RC51 for three weeks and ridden it about 800 miles. I commute 24 miles to work and really enjoy the motorcycle. I am noticing one problem: It appears, despite my best efforts, that the motorcycle tends to want to run about 15 mph above the posted speed limit. Do others have this problem?

Yes, I am enjoying this motorcycle even more than my 1974 850 Norton Commando.

Thank you

KRR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts