RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I was thinking that he looked like a crash test dummy going over the wall when I saw his wreck during the race...

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I was concerned for his hands when I saw that happen, but fortunately he was OK.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Hard to imagine what he was thinking prior to impact, like why not lay the damn thing down? Lucky to come away pretty much unscathed tho.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hard to imagine what he was thinking prior to impact, like why not lay the damn thing down?
That is exactly what I was thinking. In retrospect, with as much speed as he was still carrying, you and I might have been hurt much worse than he was .

Do you guys think he did the right thing ... or would have he been better off to lay it down?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I want to know how the hell that track is running rounds for both world championships. The first thing Toby Moody said after the replay was "Where on earth is the Airfence?" Had to painfully nod my head at that one after watching the crash. I kept looking around the perimeter of the track during the rest of the race and didn't see any Airfence anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad he's ok really wish he would come back to Honda though
That damn lame ass Duc is gonna get him killed was my first thought. He has taken some terrible hits due to its ill handling pos

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app bitches

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
That damn lame ass Duc is gonna get him killed was my first thought. He has taken some terrible hits due to its ill handling pos

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Ducati+Race+Aragon

It's ridiculous that after 2 seasons with Rossi & Hayden at the helm Ducati still can't make the front have more grip. It's been the same complaint for too long!

I'm so looking forward to seeing Rossi back on a Yamaha next year so he can begin winning again and Cruchlow on the Ducati to see if he can make it behave any better. At least he'll be paid better, deservedly so - for the risks it incurs with riding the GP Ducati if nothing else!

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's ridiculous that after 2 seasons with Rossi & Hayden at the helm Ducati still can't make the front have more grip. It's been the same complaint for too long!
The sad part is that it seems to be an improvement over what it used to be. I bet the same sort of loss of grip last year would've put him on his ass before he knew what happened. At least now the riders are able to react and keep the bike on 2 wheels.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Unfortunately, Nicki didn't make out so well during the crash at Aragon.

The reported finding was:
"Hayden revealed today that he suffered a fracture to his right radius, one of the two bones in the forearm. Hayden went for scans after feeling more pain in his right hand, which was broken during a crash in qualifying Aug. 18 at Indianapolis. The radius fracture is at the end of the bone, in the wrist area, creating pain in Hayden's hand."

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Bugger. Damage in that area was my greatest fear when seeing the crash, especially as his hand was still finishing healing. So I guess he'll be out of the race at Motegi?

Not sure if we'll make it now, as my friend who'd usually join me is thinking of giving it a miss this year as his wife recently had their first baby...

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
My friend's facing some challenges to be able to make it. He'd be riding my VFR750 there, which is finally registered and usable. Won't be as much fun going on my own I think...

Hopefully we'll make it. It's only about 150km away, some of the ride over some nice country roads too. The return's not as much fun as we'll have a lot of traffic.

Pictures.... we'll see. My Zoom's only 300mm and that's not close enough from the grandstands, plus the high speed's usually difficult to get a good picture with.
I can get shots of bikes and stuff on display like last time, I guess. We'll see what happens. ;)

·
Registered
8,663 Posts

I cant help but wonder, after seeing both Rossi and Hayden struggle with their bikes this year, maybe Hayden had a moment of clarity and thought, F it - I'm crashing this duc into the fence. I've watched that crash a few times, and wondered why he didn't lay it down in all the time he saw that fence getting closer and closer.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
I cant help but wonder, after seeing both Rossi and Hayden struggle with their bikes this year, maybe Hayden had a moment of clarity and thought, F it - I'm crashing this duc into the fence. I've watched that crash a few times, and wondered why he didn't lay it down in all the time he saw that fence getting closer and closer.
Probably thinking the classic Mel Brooks line, "I got it, I got it, I ain't got it".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts