RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I'd do it, but I think I'm going to sell my RC51... I was going to put it on an eBay for auction like I've done with my other bikes over the years, however I thought I'd start here because this bike is special. I bought the RC about 8 years ago from a motorcycle racing tech who had it tuned (engine/suspension) by Honda's racing team. There are many, many mods/upgrades done to the bike. I've tracked it a few times and it's a beast. Never pushed it too hard because I'd hate myself if I dumped it (mostly track my GSX-R). A video from the track below:

If anyone is interested I can send over more pics and info. I think $8,000 is a fair price. Bike is located in New Jersey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful beautiful bike. How many miles are on her and how many owners has she had?
Thank you! About 22,000 miles. Most of the miles are me taking it to motorcycle rallies around the country. "That bike sounds beautiful" from every Harley guy. Haha. I'm the third owner. My buddy bought it new, and sold it to my brother. I scooped it up when he got married and needed $ for a wedding ring.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Enjoyed the video. A nice smooth run, didn't hear you hit the limiter once. I'm guessing you did the soft limit mod? Your brother was a racing tech?

Another bike that my accountant (wife) will be glad is on the wrong coast. Love to get a list of some of the modifications / upgrades and a few pictures if you have the time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beautiful Motorcycle with maintained appearance. I wish I could buy this but due to lack of finances, I am unable to afford another motorcycle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enjoyed the video. A nice smooth run, didn't hear you hit the limiter once. I'm guessing you did the soft limit mod? Your brother was a racing tech?

Another bike that my accountant (wife) will be glad is on the wrong coast. Love to get a list of some of the modifications / upgrades and a few pictures if you have the time.
Thank you! No, my brother bought it from the BMW tech who knew guys on the Honda race team who tuned it. Not sure about the soft limit mod. I don't get real technical with bikes, I just ride the shit out of them. Ha. I had a guy do a dyno run with it when I was out in Sturgis. Found the video (below). It has 120hp at the wheel.

I'm getting everything together this weekend and putting it up on eBay for auction. I'll post with a link when its up. I'm only selling because I really want a KTM 1290 Super Duke...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Correction - Reached out to my buddy who bought it new. It was the BMW motorcycle racing team that did all the work to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Listed on eBay:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations to you both.

To the seller, I'm sure you will miss her more than you expect over the next few months.

To the buyer, I think you now have a very well sorted RC51 rider. Treat her right and she will treat you even better!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts