RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.
Thinking of making a race replica of my bike this winter, and was wondering if there are any complete sticker kits of the factory sponsor stickers, like Dunlop, VP racing, D.I.D., Power Commander etc. If i understand correctly, the Hayden Edition bikes came with the stickers loose, so the owners could choose to put them on or not.
Been on Google, checking everywhere, but looks like i have to track down sticker by sticker from different ebay shops.

Anyone know a good website where i can find all stickers maybe?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I have seen replica kits and sources mentioned here, but they tend to not be exact replicas (different sizes or even graphics). If that's not a big deal then you're good to go when a few suppliers are posted.

It would be great if someone with the original decal kit got and shared hi res-scans for future printing opportunities.

I recently worked with an ebay (UK) decal supplier to make a reasonable replica of the NH Dunop front fender decal. PM me if you want details.

GL!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, i might as well track them down on Ebay then. Correct size is not a must, but as close as possible, and the right colors of course. There must be someone, some place that has the sticker-kit from a Hayden edition laying around :p If someone knows of a kit, let me know ;)

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
There was a company called SR Sign Design that used to make aftermarket 04 sponsor decal kits. Think he still has a Facebook page. Send him a message, and see what he says..
That is correct. I bought a set about 4 years ago. Off Ebay. They lasted just fine being stored for that long. They were fairly easy to lay down, good quality vinyl.
But...
The cuts aren't as close as OEM, the angles are off just enough that you have to wrestle around quite a bit with alignment, and you won't get it perfect. Especially the side marks that continue over the top of each side panel. Mine are very close, but when you get your face into it, you can see just what I'm talking about.

I'd give them a rating of 8/10 when compared to OEM stickers.
Oh yeah, they made a mistake on the HONDA name at the bottom of the side panel. Mine came in silver, not the white of the NH.

I think the correct name is SRDesign.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a page on facebook called SR Sign Design, it has a picture of some Ducatis, so i think it's him. Dropped him a message last night, but he hasn't read it. I dont think he's active anymore.

But i found a guy on Ebay that was selling the Jardine-stickers, and used the racebike of NH as a reference.
I asked if he happened to have the rest of the sponsor stickers too, and he said he did. Waiting for him to reply with some details and some pictures, hope they are correct and good looking. If they are, i'll order a set or two ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
North,

Would you please let me know what you come up with? I would like to order a set or two also. If they look good maybe they will give us a deal on multiple sets...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So i got the decals in the mail today, and i think they look very good. I got both the factory decals and the Nicky Hayden Edition kit, since mine is the regular black nose. They were from two different sellers. The only thing i see is that the VP racing decals are a little big compared to the rest, but other than that, i'm satisfied :) He even threw in the #69 decal from the MotoGP era of Hayden.

In the Hayden kit i even got a squeegee to ease the applying.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I know this is an older thread, I used to have an 04 and I crashed on the track. I’ve been looking on and off for 6 years and just picked one up with 4000 miles on it. I have met Nicky a few times and I have an autographed tail section. What I need to complete my memorial bike is those sponsor decals. Anyone care to share contact info on where they got them??

thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts