RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a bit of a head scratcher. I was riding my RC and everything was fine. I stopped to take a break, and when I started again I was coasting down a hill when I tried to start the bike. I realized that I still had the kill switch off, so I turned it on while the bike was still rolling. When I did the entire bike died. All of the lights went out, the gauges lost power, and the fuel pump stopped. I had to call a friend to bring a trailer to get the bike home. now here's the funny thing. Then you turn the key on nothing happens, no lights fuel pump or anything. If you unplug the headlight, the gauges power up, and all other lights on the bike work as they should, but still no fuel pump priming. None of the fuses are blown, and all of the relays have continuity, and switch on and off when powered with a Power Probe. I have taken the entire harness off of the bike, and removed the wrapping/loom and I cannot for the life of me find any shorted or broken wires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a ground side issue. Not a short, but the ground circuit is open or high resistance some where.

I know this is vague but should not be too hard to check. Make sure all the ground connections are clean and tight and remember the frame is part of the ground circuit.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts