RC51 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys, I have been posting some on the SP2 board about mods for the bike, but my first post here. I finally got out for a good ride this afternoon with my brother (Monster 1000) and had a blast. My last bike was a 996, and I feel that the RC with the satos n PC3 I got on it is a tad bit faster. A few things Im definitely going to change is the gearing and probably add a 5mm spacer to the rear shock tower. I have to tinker with the suspension this weekend and set the sag n all, but I dont see the turn in improving that much without a little more height in the rear. Its nice and solid at speed in the turn, but at slower speeds needs more input than I would like to get her down.

Anyway, just wanted to formally introduce myself and thank you guys for the great insight. Enjoy the riding season and be safe!

Sam

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just went from the stock 190/50 to the 190/55 and turn in effort was drastically reduced so much so that I almost crossed the yellow line when I turned into the first fast left hander....

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I agree.
The difference between a 190/50 and 190/55 is night and day.
Raise the rear a few millimeters and it'll be a different bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts