1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Quite fugly...seen that before, nothings changed:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,633 Posts
That front end is nothing new...Yamaha used one like it on one of their bikes in the early 1990's GTS1000 I believe ya and that is butt ugly.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
The only hub-centre steered bike that ever raced successfully was the Britten V1000.
Now that's a cool as heck bike. :D
Going to NZ in May for the 1st time, so I might just get to see it if the museum in Christchurch is back up & running by then...If I do, I'll be sure to take lots of pics.

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
The Britten is one of my favourite bikes and it's creator a legend. John Britten seemed such a cool guy with so much skill & engineering passion (Watch the Britten bike story if you haven't - DVD is available online).
Never seen one in the flesh... yet, but would be a shame not to try...
I did read in a bike mag last year the story of how they rescued the Britten(s) on display after the earthquake. The bike(s) had been on their sides and the museum partly collapsed... So I'll have to see if they're back on display come May.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I just saw your Britton Story videos you posted Stig. Plan on watching them this evening! Thanks in advance for posting that up!

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Britten is one of my favourite bikes and it's creator a legend. John Britten seemed such a cool guy with so much skill & engineering passion (Watch the Britten bike story if you haven't - DVD is available online).
Never seen one in the flesh... yet, but would be a shame not to try...
I did read in a bike mag last year the story of how they rescued the Britten(s) on display after the earthquake. The bike(s) had been on their sides and the museum partly collapsed... So I'll have to see if they're back on display come May.
i remem ber seeing and hearing it at daytona when i was in high school. i think it was like 94 or something when ienatsch rode it at daytona. never got to get close to it, but ill never forget how it sounded.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's too bad nobody decided to run the vyrus in moto 2 as it was intended, it would have at least been interesting to watch
Our member Nobody runs in the Moto 2 :confused::confused:
And he owns a Vyrus !!! ???
He neglected to inform me of these things :confused::rolleyes::D:p

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I noticed they said the front swingarm seperates the braking force from the suspension. I thought ahhhhh..... seems like an advantage. But when I try to wrap my mind around it, the front is still going to want to dive when you use the front brake. So is it any advantage at all really?

·
Registered
26 Posts
It seems you could seperate the rotational force of braking from the suspension and still have the dive associated with weight transfe but a reduction in the bikes tendency to lift the rear wheel under heavy braking

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Maybe that the stress is more focused on the swing arm as well as lower than traditional fork mounts. Idk if that is what they unintentionally aimed for but I could also imagine a less of a chance to endo. Just my thoughts, I do like the design it reminds me of the earlier bimotas if anyone remembers, I'm sure there is some resemblance there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts