RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought someone here would know...I also have a 97 Suzuki SRAD600...Had it out today..ran for a while..got home..turned it off...Came back out to garage and fired it up for about 20sec..turned it off ran inside house..came right out and turned the key..NOTHING!..No lights..nothing? I have checked all fuses..connections...Did my CDI took a crap? Ignition? Any help would be awesome..Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
By description best guess either battery or ignition switch. My old f3 ate a battery that fast but have a buddy with a similar era srad that had/has an issue with his ignition switch, randomly loses power once bike is on it's fine but shut it off it's a crap shoot how many times you have to cycle the switch to get it to come alive again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By description best guess either battery or ignition switch. My old f3 ate a battery that fast but have a buddy with a similar era srad that had/has an issue with his ignition switch, randomly loses power once bike is on it's fine but shut it off it's a crap shoot how many times you have to cycle the switch to get it to come alive again.
Hmmm....my switch is kind of goofy...had to jiggle it to turn on? it turns on though? no power of course now :mad: if the switch itself is bad so no power whatsoever right?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like the ignition switch. Yeah his is a pain. A wiggle and a giggle off and on repeat until it comes to life. Or don't be a cheap ass like him and buy a switch. That is of coarse if that is your problem. The plug in is a bit of a pain to get at but I confirmed it was his problem by checking for power and temp bypassing ignition switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts